Prerendered camera moves for liveset sets

jmmultex

From Browser To Broadcast
Would it be possible to pre-render complete liveset camera moves in LW. I would like to be able to save them into a list and cue them from the interface when I want to use one. It could work as a transition between the first and Last frames. This shouldn't require a significant uptick in "real time" processing, but could significantly enhance the scale and realism of productions beyond what is possible with transitions between locked down camera positions.

Do you think this approach would be possible within the current VT architecture?

-john

billmi

Paintball Video Geek
Hardware wise, it would not surprise me if it is possible. Software wise, at present it would be a no-go, since the LiveSet format does not support animation of the set.

jmmultex

From Browser To Broadcast
Agreed..

I was thinking of this capability in terms of an update. There would certainly need to be interface changes, but they probably wouldn't be major. The start and end frames would still need to conform to the lockdown views available now. I just thought that it would be interesting to allow a rendered camera move between set views (leveraging the real-time key) in addition to the cuts/transition options available right now.

All that said, I'm sure the real work for this would have nothing to do with the front end.

Camera moves are one of the of the things that sell shots in tools like Ultra, and I'd love to see it available here as well.

Thanks for the reply!

-john

billmi

Paintball Video Geek
Conceptually, yes it should be possible to extend the LiveSet format to do it. In essence it would be animating the warping/scaling the same way the DVE format does.

It would still be limited to transitioning between different LiveSets on the same camera view (i.e. from center camera wide shot to center camera medium-shot, simulating a truck/zoom move.)

As long as LiveSets take to render a single frame in Lightwave, it would take a quite a while for an animated LiveSet to be completed.

Top Bottom