Physical sky

starbase1

May the sauce be with you
Argh!!! Just found this thread! How did I miss it?

I tried this oplugin quickly when it forst came out - but did not get verty good results. Clearly I misssed some stuff. But why are we not sharing presets for this???

Anyway, if you are interested in advanced sky features, I can highly recommend the wonderful web site 'Atmospheric Optics' which can be found here:

http://www.atoptics.co.uk/

Some awesome photographs of rare atmopsheric phenomena such as complex halo displays.
http://www.sundog.clara.co.uk/halo/spole.htm

:dance:

It includes a rather neat free solar halo simulator, though there is no easy way to combine it with Lightwave. (It is limited to screen resiolution for images, so making smooth maps is a serious pain).

Then again I may be the only person on the planet wanting to simulate complex halos within lightwave!
:cry:

Nick

vpii

Main problem for me is making a good to go for network rendering. The new ground option is nice. Thanks

dpont

(In reply to vpii)

It should work in network,
May this few steps could help you,
skydome object must be saved with surface settings,
and replaced by itself in your scene with unc path (\\MyMachine\drive...),
all computer in network must find the skydome object and
for skydome or texture environment, the Skylight plugin
in a common (unc path too) lwext.cfg.

Denis.

vpii

Thanks for the tip. I guess the main thing is that I did not understand it was saved with the object. Thanks for your help. Great plugin have been doing all renders as of late using it.

3dworks

archvizmacwaver
denis, any word of update for a mac version? this seems to be an essential addition for all of us doing architectural visualization :)

salut

markus

ingo

normally i am different
I think its not in the hands of Denis, but maybe he could give the Mac guy some hint that as usual 1000s of Mac users are waiting ;)

3dworks

archvizmacwaver
ingo said:
I think its not in the hands of Denis, but maybe he could give the Mac guy some hint that as usual 1000s of Mac users are waiting ;)

yes, we are only the tip of the iceberg :)

Exception

Nothing ado about much
Hmm,
My light as set as sun in the skylight panel sinks underneath the horizon, but the sky remains blue... no sunset or anything... am I doing something wrong?

Pavlov

- pavlov who ? -
common Lw issues... slide frames, open dropdown and select other things then come back, etc, so it "awakens" ;)

Paolo

Exception

Nothing ado about much
Well I tried everything, eventually downloaded the plugin again, now it works...
But now the suncolor plugin doesn't really change over time. the intensity channels flutters between 89% and 92% but not consistently, and the color channels stay pure orange throughout the sun cycle.
Any ideas ? (I did save the scene and restarted LW and so on)...

Pavlov

- pavlov who ? -
hmmm no idea, never tries an animation that way; iguess you should bake Sun's curves to see the effect, always because of wellknown LW's delays in updating data's transmissions.

Paolo

Exception

Nothing ado about much
I never have such problems with data delays. Fprime, sure, but Lightwave not so much.
Well I'll try baking, otherwise, back to my own curves I suppose.

dpont

You said sun cycle,
is-it a "Sun Spot" motion modifier animation?
Time Lapse (in second) envelope must have a big offset.
If you only move and key the sun-light, Skylight & Suncolor don't work,
they take data from light rotation.

Hope this help.

Denis.

Pavlov

- pavlov who ? -
In that case it's enought to target the light to something... both plugin can read rotation from targeting.

Paolo

Pavlov

- pavlov who ? -
In that case it's enough to target the light to something... both plugin can read rotation from targeting.

Paolo

Bitboy

Hazarder
Denis, any chance of a 64-bit version of Skylight and SunColor at some point?

Thanks for a very nice pluginset :)

Top Bottom