Peter Thiersch (PeT) passed away

sellis

Very sorry to hear this very sad news Victor.
RIP Peter. My thoughts are with you and your family.

KSTAR

So sorry to hear this. He was a very nice person and always willing to share his knowledge. RIP Peter

I always find it difficult to respond when someone goes away.
Words just don't cover it.

I was about to write him, asking him about rendering.de
rendering.de was one of my Go-to sites.

always enjoyed his posts, and the art he shared.

Peter shared some really cool LightWave related art, and he only got better and better at it.

We never got to talk much, but I will miss you my friend.

Art - https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...&key=RXNtbmlRamMzZmRoakhlREFMNGgwX3lEZGFnOHFB

The room just got quiet.

KSTAR

I always find it difficult to respond when someone goes away.
Words just don't cover it.

I was about to write him, asking him about rendering.de
rendering.de was one of my Go-to sites.

always enjoyed his posts, and the art he shared.

Peter shared some really cool LightWave related art, and he only got better and better at it.

We never got to talk much, but I will miss you my friend.

Art - https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...&key=RXNtbmlRamMzZmRoakhlREFMNGgwX3lEZGFnOHFB

The room just got quiet.
Yeah last week I was thinking I hadn't seen any of his LWCad post on the LW Facebook groups for awhile..... very sad

alexs3d

oh no, so sorry to hear that, we lost a great member of our community.

i grew up with rendering.de, this was my first goto site 20 years ago to start with 3D, also pet had a great and special kind of style doing 3D ART.

R.I.P Pet

...and thanks erikals for the video

Lightwolf

obfuscated SDK hacker
Very sad news indeed. I've always enjoyed the little chats we had on facebook - from discussing news to translating some texts or even just exchanging recommendations on what to watch on TV.

dpont

His site was unchanged for a while,
but hoping an update, went daily, no need favorite, just typing rendering.de,
at least, refreshing the page is showing endlessly more of his work in the banner.
so...

Denis.

RPSchmidt

Incredibly sad... I don't think I ever spoke to him, but his abstract work was inspiring. Every time I saw it, it made me realize how limited my view of Lightwave's capabilities was. It made me aspire to learn more about Lightwave and to expect more from myself as a 3d artist.

Shloime

Intermediate User
I feared the worst when "rendering.de" wasn't updated anymore since a few weeks, and now it is confirmed. So sad...
As others said, his site was the number one starting point for LW in Germany. What a huge loss...

omichon

So sad, indeed. We only had a few contact, mostly to thank him when he was posting my work on rendering.de, to my surprise.
A very kind person it seems, and talented too, with a very unique style. A loss for the LW community.

N_A

He was a talented 3D artist and a good man. I will miss his unusual renders and new posts on the web.

Matt

Valiant NewTeKnight
This is horribly sad news.

Peter was a key member of the LightWave community, he will be sorely missed. :(

Top Bottom