perspective matching, a new attempt!

Beer, good, needed

Last edited:

geo_n

Haha ok. Modelling in layout is bleaker than ever so too is unification.
Let me see where I am, denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance. I'm near the 5th stage. :D
Its time for super POWERS to create a miracle for lw.

If its beer supply for a year its not bad. :D

OlaHaldor

I vouch for the SynthEyes route. It's rather inexpensive compared to the countless hours you'll be investing in doing it all manually.
Been using it for several moving shots, sent LW Scene files with points and camera back to Layout. Works like a charm.

adk

areté
I vouch for the SynthEyes route. It's rather inexpensive compared to the countless hours you'll be investing in doing it all manually.
Been using it for several moving shots, sent LW Scene files with points and camera back to Layout. Works like a charm.

Up until now I've only used Worle's & Fi's plugins to match my stills with pretty good results. To anyone that's tried it ... how good is SynthEyes still matching mode & how does it actually work ?
I imagine you'd need to shoot a few frames at least for it to get a solution. Which would work if you can take the shots yourself, but not if the client sends a single image for you to match into.

adk

areté
... I just tried to do a manual match with the latest demo on some snaps from the office. 6 to be precise. It did a pretty decent job I reckon.

Next test is to try & see what the minimum number of pics & trackers can be in order to still get a solve.

Attachments

• 6_snaps.gif
    6_snaps.gif
    632.3 KB · Views: 122

3dworks

archvizmacwaver

what about the stills mode, thats what this thread originally was about... does it provide a good workflow when for example modeling a reference geometry which then can be exported with camera? does it export a native LWS file withe the camera completely setup, or just the coordinates and view direction?

bjornkn

SketchUp can export cameras in 3ds files. If LW can import them is another matter.
Apart from that there is also a plugin that draws a line from each camera to its target. If the scene is exported with 'extruded' single lines they will survive the import into Modeler, and could be used for placing and targeting cameras.

Top Bottom