Perseverances has landed on Mars..

erikals

 

Absolutely, and i recall reading 10 years ago many folks claiming "no copter can fly on mars, no at the atmosphere"

we shall see...

erikals

 

mighty Awesome.

didn't think they had the tech to send large video files over such a distance at such short time.
after all the delay is between 3 and 22 minutes. (depending on positions)
i guess there is zero distortion. Cool.

adrian

Audere-Est-Facere
I watched that video this morning and WOW! Unbelievable... makes you wonder what other treasures it's going to be sending back over time.

Markc

ack ack
mighty Awesome.

didn't think they had the tech to send large video files over such a distance at such short time.
after all the delay is between 3 and 22 minutes. (depending on positions)
i guess there is zero distortion. Cool.
It just gets mind boggling, when you consider the distance to Mars.....:oops:, seeing almost real-time footage.

prometheus

RETROGRADER
It´s gonna be more fascinating to follow if the Ingenuity Mars chopper survives the cold upcoming days, and if it can charge it´s batteries the upcoming days, not sure if the copper has been deployed to it´s charging position yet?

and if it survives and can charge, next will be to see if it can fly with that atmosphere pressure, and also land and do more flights.
If they manage that...it would be Awesome.

prometheus

RETROGRADER
Absolutely, and i recall reading 10 years ago many folks claiming "no copter can fly on mars, no at the atmosphere"

we shall see...

Probably based on the types of choppers we have on earth, which in such case would probably be correct due to the atmospheres pressure.

"he atmosphere of Mars is much thinner than Earth's. The average surface pressure is only about 610 pascals (0.088 psi) which is less than 1% of the Earth's value. ... The highest atmospheric density on Mars is equal to the density found 35 km above the Earth's surface."

erikals

 

very true, but the conclusion was needless to say very-very wrong.
the "you can't do that / that won't work" mentality stands high with the population.
for example, people still don't get the power of Ai.... Yet !
i hate to be the first one to mention these things, because people always think you're a jerk.
explains society i guess, people vote using their feelings.

scallahan1

Still...Absolute Amateur
I'm sure the copter was tested in a Mars-replicated atmosphere on our blue marble here before they dared send it up there. My concern is what do they do with windstorms on Mars with it? Hide it somewhere? Hope it doesn't get destroyed by a freak wind storm. :)

Steve

Bill Carey

there is no sanctuary....
It´s gonna be more fascinating to follow if the Ingenuity Mars chopper survives the cold upcoming days, and if it can charge it´s batteries the upcoming days, not sure if the copper has been deployed to it´s charging position yet?

and if it survives and can charge, next will be to see if it can fly with that atmosphere pressure, and also land and do more flights.
If they manage that...it would be Awesome.

I read it may be a couple months before they select a site to deploy it.

Top Bottom