Permanent thread for all the other products people want to discuss

prometheus

REBORN
I understand logic (though Houdini is a complete application at this point). Will shall see which tools become most popular I guess. The unique workflow is also a feature.
Just wondering, the new software you are working on, it has much of the look of old Core that was abondoned.
Just curious to how that is?

darkChief

Just wondering, the new software you are working on, it has much of the look of old Core that was abondoned.
Just curious to how that is?
Coincidence I guess. The toolbar is inspired by Lightwave. Hopefully this will not have the same fate as Core 😁. So I encourage people to support the application, it's not vaporware. Anyway even if I stop offering it publicly, development will continue, I use it personally, and I am enjoying the experience. Being able to add whatever feature I need is cool.

prometheus

REBORN
Coincidence I guess. The toolbar is inspired by Lightwave. Hopefully this will not have the same fate as Core 😁. So I encourage people to support the application, it's not vaporware. Anyway even if I stop offering it publicly, development will continue, I use it personally, and I am enjoying the experience. Being able to add whatever feature I need is cool.

No sane product developer declares it may be waporware will they;), but yet it goes poof often....Dynamite, ogo taiki, not sure what has happened to hurleyworks and his fluidstuff and the other stuff, maybe it´s still on sale but it seems he´s not active working on it, or just taking a break or long time to develop.
That said ..Not suspecting you to be that at all.

Up seemed cool for some fast fluid stuff, but I also recall it was to frustrating with the installation, licensing and such.

I wish you good luck with it, for me though...would be nice if it got a difference design look, I didn´t liket the core look either..perhaps it´s foremost the Graphic themes or something, as for the programs capability and effeciency...I have no idea.

I will have to look at this at a later stage..but I wish you luck since new stuff is always interesting, and hopefully you can attract some users to support all that.
As for color schemes on the software, it´s set to something I don´t think look good, but I understand that is a personal taste of course..and you may be able to adjust that as well within the software, not sure if I could suggest another theme or sorts of.

As for your vids, they play fine in resolution, I can hear you well and the english is just fine.
Suggestion:
Have you posted these vids up to vimeo as well?
there may be potentional customers and artists there as well if you tag it right, so you are visible on yet another large channel where artists are

To be aware of, now vimeolinks are working as embedded videos here in the forums, which previously was broken.

darkChief

No sane product developer declares it may be waporware will they;), but yet it goes poof often....Dynamite, ogo taiki, not sure what has happened to hurleyworks and his fluidstuff and the other stuff, maybe it´s still on sale but it seems he´s not active working on it, or just taking a break or long time to develop.
That said ..Not suspecting you to be that at all.
If a product makes it to the market, and delivers a full featured version, then it can't be classified as vaporware, even if no further development occurs. You got what you paid for. Obviously I sympathize with developers, its no easy task. The work is under appreciated. I remember there was a plugin called Bullet FX, pretty good, the guy quit because he was being harassed. Another popular C4D plugin Effex also stopped, Realflow came into the picture. And of course sales also contribute the end of development. I don't think it's intentional, life happens.

Thanks for the recommendation, I will look at Vimeo, I already have an account, when I have time I will upload some stuff.

Will see if I can add more themes in the future.

prometheus

REBORN
If a product makes it to the market, and delivers a full featured version, then it can't be classified as vaporware, even if no further development occurs. You got what you paid for. Obviously I sympathize with developers, its no easy task. The work is under appreciated. I remember there was a plugin called Bullet FX, pretty good, the guy quit because he was being harassed. Another popular C4D plugin Effex also stopped, Realflow came into the picture. And of course sales also contribute the end of development. I don't think it's intentional, life happens.

Thanks for the recommendation, I will look at Vimeo, I already have an account, when I have time I will upload some stuff.

Will see if I can add more themes in the future.

Previously I think Vimeo showed better quality with uploaded video in general, but could be what codecs are used also in any given case, yours are probably fine on youtube anyway.
It´s just that there may be more places to attract interest to your software if using that channel as well, and tag it right.

for themes, if I ever get the time, I may keep it in mind and do a mockup, but not a promise..I am getting old and memory may fail :)

jwiede

Electron wrangler
Another popular C4D plugin Effex also stopped, Realflow came into the picture.
Effex's end had nothing to do with RealFlow. The developer (Samir) had a severe ("life-changing") accident, and was no longer able to continue, so sold the tech to Insydium -- the image is from an email sent to Effex customers. So... anyway, yeah, life happens.

Capto_2021-03-24_08-54-10_PM.png

darkChief

Effex's end had nothing to do with RealFlow. The developer (Samir) had a severe ("life-changing") accident, and was no longer able to continue, so sold the tech to Insydium -- the image is from an email sent to Effex customers. So... anyway, yeah, life happens.

View attachment 149787
Sorry, I should have been more verbose. I didn't say Real Flow killed Effex, I simply meant Effex stopped being offered, and then Real Flow came into the around the same time. There is a thread on cgsociety (last time I checked), that has more information on the issue. I haven't investigated the authenticity of the thread, it looked legit to me.

Top Bottom