On Screen Monitoring for VT[5]

cronzio

Newtek just announced "New 3 camera dedicated on-screen preview monitor display mode" for the TriCaster Studio. We need this for the VT[5]!

It seems like a simple upgrade, and the added capability of seeing multiple sources on screen means I wouldn't have to carry around extra monitors to each production.

Please...

SBowie

'the write stuff'
I do agree, though, that a similar option for use with the SX-8/84 would be nice ...

C

CreatvGnius

cronzio said:
Newtek just announced "New 3 camera dedicated on-screen preview monitor display mode" for the TriCaster Studio. We need this for the VT[5]!

It seems like a simple upgrade, and the added capability of seeing multiple sources on screen means I wouldn't have to carry around extra monitors to each production.

Please...
I'll add to that request with this variation: Please allow such an "ISO" mode for VT[5], that will not inhibit the use of inputs beyond 1, 2, and 3 as is the current scenario with TriCaster STUDIO™?

I would imagine that if indeed ported to VT -- it wouldn't necessarily work well on all host machines -- perhaps requiring something on the order of at least, a core2duo™ processor and the VT-PRO™ card or better...
-PeterG

PIZAZZ

NewTek System Integrator
cronzio said:

Please...

Sooooooooooo If there were 3 source monitors available like in the TriCaster.... How much would you be interested in paying for this addition? I am not asking as a dealer or NewTek rep. As a user, I would think that the most inexpensive hardware monitoring solution would be $7-800. So if a double secret special skin could be done what would it be worth to you? I know a guy that knows a guy who dated a girl that grew up next to someone that might have an idea about this. ;)

Randall Chesbro

I think if it was just a plugin or something, it should just be done by Newtek and put on the download page. If its something done already with tricaster why would it be so hard for them to add it in to vt5. just my thoughts. I would like to have that added , I think it would a nice addition.

ingky

Count me in on the request for the "A 3-camera monitor mode, with dedicated preview monitors for three cameras." feature to be ported / added to VT[5]!

cronzio

I'm glad to see other people are interested in this!

Jef - I'd take a look at a third party plug-in if it were available, but I agree with the others that it seems easier for NewTek to just enable the feature in a free upgrade. I've run into several other bugs in VT[5], and I expect to see an update soon! Hard to say how much I'd pay for the skin, since I'm waiting on NewTek to make a move.

I was looking at the NuMark 3 LCD display for 3-camera monitoring, which runs about $900. When I found out about the new feature on Tricaster Pro, I decided to hold out. Most of my productions are only 1-2 cameras, but I don't see what's so hard about adding an on-screen monitor for 3 or more inputs.

In Premiere and Final Cut you can display dozens of cameras on screen at once for multicam or multiclip "live" post production. I should be able to have a monitor for every source in VT if I want to!

Hopefully soon...

ScorpioProd

XDCAM HD production
cronzio said:
In Premiere and Final Cut you can display dozens of cameras on screen at once for multicam or multiclip "live" post production. I should be able to have a monitor for every source in VT if I want to!

Hopefully soon...

Well, three inputs previewing like TriCaster should not be a problem... But your other comparison is apples and oranges... The signals would have to have a way to get into the computer... You can only get THREE video inputs into the computer at a time from a VT Pro card.

SBowie

'the write stuff'
cronzio said:
Errr - maybe missed the point? How many live sources (i.e., not recorded files) can you connect and view simultaneously in FCP and Premiere?

Paul Lara

It's ALL about the light
cronzio said:
Newtek just announced "New 3 camera dedicated on-screen preview monitor display mode" for the TriCaster Studio. We need this for the VT[5]! It seems like a simple upgrade....

It might seem that way, but VT[5] and TriCaster actually communicate to different breakout boxes. TriCaster has an SX-3 where the VT[5] software is talking to the SX-84.

So, for this to work on a VT[5] it will require more than just 'offering' this skin - it will require code changes, and the subsequent chain of testing.

ScorpioProd

XDCAM HD production
But Paul, there are THREE streams of video coming into the computer in a VT[5] with a VT Pro card.

So since the three streams of video are in the computer, it is purely a software issue at that point to display all three.

How could the breakout box have anything to do with that???

SBowie

'the write stuff'
I think Paul's point is, there is a difference code-wise in addressing the three inputs an SX-3 provides and addressing three from an SX-84. I don't think he's saying it's a huge deal, just not identical ... i.e, not as simple as merely copying the TC files into a VT's Skins folder.

C

CreatvGnius

cronzio said:
... I don't see what's so hard about adding an on-screen monitor for 3 or more inputs.

Hopefully soon...

Naw, Cronzio. It's not as easy to have multiple live SD video sources in a computer system digitally processing simultaneously as you seem to think.

("Live Post Production"? Isn't that pretty much an oxymoron?)
-PeterG

Blairness

If enabled, would this mean those 3 sources are the only 3 you can output (seems they are using up the 3 inputs into the computer)?

Top Bottom