On Kitbash 3d model converting

JamesCurtis

Just a tip that I've been getting some pretty good success converting Kitbash 3D's models with 3D Browser from Mootools.

I tried LW's own FBX converter and had no success at all.

The version I've been using of 3D Browser is several years old, as I haven't been able to upgrade due to budget reasons of late, but the version I have (bought around LW2015 time) seems to do a credible job with Kitbash's FBX format versions with LW2015.3. I hope to get an upgrade at some point, which will probably be when another stimulus check comes through, and will test that current version when I get it.

The only thing I wish was that Kitbash's models would save each whole object (made of several other parts) as just one object, and not as all of them together as one huge group. The files I've seen of this group, sometimes being made up of 40 to 50 entities, make the initial LW model's files I've quite large, and does take some doing to isolate the models after the fact.

Thank You!

might get this app at a later date.

JamesCurtis

This was one of the reasons I tried 3D Browser. I remember having LW give errors of psyhair(?) many times, and other load issues.

Top Bottom