Occlusion node (SG_AmbOcc style)

MooseDog

Dreamer
i'll give it a run through asap. thx!

i'm feeling kinda sentimetal atm, so i'll just note: you're on a roll! contributions like this (and your teaser) make the lw community so unbelievable. (with equal kudos to lightwolf).

alright, happiness off, back to cynic :)

Pomfried

MooseDog said:
i'll give it a run through asap. thx!

i'm feeling kinda sentimetal atm, so i'll just note: you're on a roll! contributions like this (and your teaser) make the lw community so unbelievable. (with equal kudos to lightwolf).

alright, happiness off, back to cynic :)

Hehe, thank you for these kind words :D

Too bad I'll be busy tomorrow :thumbsdow. Well not only tomorrow, but the other days aren't that filled up: mainly programming for school, which I don't really like to do at the moment, since I'm really in a LightWave coding mood. I hope I can finish my other node before the weekend.

-EsHrA-

hey excellent Pomfried!
looks like it has the blender occlusion settings. i like the ambient color features.
now you can call it ambient occlusion unlike sg_ambocc which is only an occlusion plugin and not ambient.

mlon

Last edited:

Pomfried

Glad you like it!

And aye, it was partially inspired by a page about Blender's ambient occlusion shader I found on google. Not sure if I actually got the color idea from there but definitely the polar distribution method :D
I never used Blender much and never used its occlusion shader at all, so I don't know how my node compares to Blender's shader.

Last edited:

Boris Goreta

This plugin is great but it doesn't work in modeler. For instance, if I load Layoud, load object and apply node everything works fine, but if I switch to modeler it reports "occlusion failed to start" and delets the node from the network. Does anybody get such behaviour. I'm on 9.2 beta build 1146.

Pomfried

Hey bgoreta1,

usually the latest version should work in modeler. Check my signature for the latest version (I couldn't update the first post in this thread because of that 5 minute edit rule). But the stand-alone version won't be updated anymore, instead you should download my nodepack (also in my signature) which will always have the latest versions of my nodes.

If it still doesn't work please let me know, but MooseDog already reported that bug a while back and as far as I know it should have been fixed already

Thanks

Boris Goreta

Thanks Pomfried. The stand-alone version works perfect. I'd like to report that it also works perfect with FPrime 3.0. Sweet !

druitre

bgoreta1, I haven't upgraded to fprime3 (yet)... can you make a speed indication of pomocclusion in fprime3 versus LWrender?

thanks!

Boris Goreta

Ok here is the speed comparison:

LW 9.2 1146 PomOcclusion 27.1 s
FPrime3 PomOccluson 9.5 s
FPrime3 Backdrop Radiosity 1.7s

So if you are using PomOcclusion for just occlusion then FPrime3 is a lot faster. :jam:

Attachments

• FPrime3 PomOcclusion.jpg
    FPrime3 PomOcclusion.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 545
  • FPrime3.jpg
    FPrime3.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 555
  • LW PomOcclusion.jpg
    LW PomOcclusion.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 553

Pomfried

Damn that's quite an improvement in terms of speed. Makes me wanna have FPrime... Wonder if there are educational licenses available for it (or else it would be more expensive than my LW itself :D), but I guess not.

RedBull

Heir to the Throne
Just a request for a 64bit compile of this node.... Pretty please... :)
I know Mike can compile 64bit version... (hint, hint)

Lightwolf

obfuscated SDK hacker
RedBull said:
Just a request for a 64bit compile of this node.... Pretty please... :)
I know Mike can compile 64bit version... (hint, hint)
Sure, I'll mail it to Pomfried to post.

Cheers,
Mike

RedBull

Heir to the Throne
Lightwolf said:

Cheers,
Mike

Thanks Mike, with the release of 9.2, iv'e been trying to move to native 64...
Sas/Fprime/LW/IFW Nodal and a couple of my other big ones are now 64, so i'm trying to avoid switching as often as i can.

Cheers,

Pomfried

Lightwolf said:

Cheers,
Mike

Hey Mike,

I'm not intending to push you or anything, just wanted to make sure my mail provider isn't messed up (guess you're just busy at the moment :)):

Did you send me the Win64 compile yet? Because I haven't received any mails the last few days. Well just drop me a message and don't feel put under pressure by me or anyone here, take your time, we all appreciate what you are doing for us :D.

Regards,
Kevin

Lightwolf

obfuscated SDK hacker
Pomfried said:
I'm not intending to push you or anything, just wanted to make sure my mail provider isn't messed up (guess you're just busy at the moment :)):
No, my mail sender is (e.g. me ;) ).

I'll get to it.

Cheers,
Mike

Top Bottom