Occlusion node (SG_AmbOcc style)

Pomfried

Ok Mac users out there, Lightwolf was so kind to compile my node for you (thanks again Lightwolf!) and here it is.

Have fun (can one have fun with nodes? :D) !

Attachments

• PomOcclusion_OSX.zip
    56.4 KB · Views: 368

Lightwolf

obfuscated SDK hacker
Pomfried said:
Ok Mac users out there, Lightwolf was so kind to compile my node for you (thanks again Lightwolf!) and here it is.
Hey, you posted before I mailed it to you, that was quick ;)

Yeah, enjoy!
I've quickly checked if it works, but not extensively (no fun on a lowly G4).

Cheers,
Mike

Lightwolf

obfuscated SDK hacker
With the permission of Kevin (thanks again!) - and since there is no "official" download site - we've decided to host his occlusion nodes.
You can download them here: http://www.db-w.com/component/option,com_remository/Itemid,84/func,select/id,13/ (no registration required of course).
These are currently the same versions as are available for download here in the thread. The idea is to have a central place to download them when new versions come up.

Cheers,
Mike

Last edited:

3dworks

archvizmacwaver
Pomfried said:

Have fun (can one have fun with nodes? :D) !

:thumbsup: thank you so much!

markus

Pomfried

Hola!

I'm back with something for you guys :D
Uhm... since I'm too lazy and tired to type, I'll just post the changelog:

-Added a color output to the node
-Added a backdrop shading option as well as user-definable color settings for occluded and non occluded areas
-Added clamping settings for use in connection with the shift control
-Increased sensitivity of the shift minislider
It's possible that your old presets/surfaces won't work in this version. In that case please delete the node from your node-network, add it again and edit the settings again to your liking.

Have fun!

@Lightwolf: Are you still awake? :D I want to know if you are willing to compile the Mac version again.

Attachments

• Occlusion_(Pomfried).zip
    62.2 KB · Views: 411

Lightwolf

obfuscated SDK hacker
Pomfried said:
@Lightwolf: Are you still awake? :D I want to know if you are willing to compile the Mac version again.
I am, and I will, but not before Monday evening, sorry...

Cheers,
Mike - and you get some sleep now!

Pomfried

Lightwolf said:
I am, and I will, but not before Monday evening, sorry...

Cheers,
Mike - and you get some sleep now!

No problem (at least not for me ;)) - I will mail you the source later today then, thank you!

And yeah, I was about to go to bed.

Pomfried

Woohey,

Sorry for updating this node so frequently :)
But I just can't resist when a new idea pops up in my mind.
So here it is, this time both Win32 and OSX releases in one post.

changelog said:
  • Added a surface color field
  • Added brightness controls to every user-definable color
  • Added backdrop shading support to every user-definable color
  • User interface was rearranged

For the OSX version props go to Lightwolf, who again was so nice to compile the code and even helped me cleaning it up so that none of our compilers spit out a flood of warnings. Thanks!

Attachments

• PomOcclusion_Win32.zip
    77.3 KB · Views: 412
  • PomOcclusion_OSX.zip
    78 KB · Views: 365

Lightwolf

obfuscated SDK hacker

Phil

Heffalump
Woohoo. DPKit coming to OSX? Dream come true. :) Hope you're not losing too much time in relation to exrTrader....I'm waiting on the texture-level output support :D

Last edited:

Lightwolf

obfuscated SDK hacker
Phil said:
Woohoo. DPKit coming to OSX? Dream come true. :) Hope you're not losing too much time in relation to exrTrader....I'm waiting on the texture-level output support :D
I first need to update his shader collection. Compiling it is no problem, but debugging - and there is apparently an OSX only bug *ouch*. Debugging in CW is ****...
exrTrader is on the todo list as you know, but infiniMap will get an update first.

Cheers,
Mike

MooseDog

Dreamer
oops. modeler doesn't like your plug at all :(

i consistently get the error message that plugin failed to start, both:

if i've added the shader in layout and then move to modeler, and

if i try to add it in modeler first.

bummer.

'cuz otherwise the features throughout the plug are fantastic. thx:thumbsup:

Lightwolf

obfuscated SDK hacker
@Pomfried
Check for globals that are not available in Modeler, that is probably the issue here.

Cheers,
Mike

Pomfried

MooseDog said:
oops. modeler doesn't like your plug at all :(

i consistently get the error message that plugin failed to start, both:

if i've added the shader in layout and then move to modeler, and

if i try to add it in modeler first.

bummer.

'cuz otherwise the features throughout the plug are fantastic. thx:thumbsup:

Weeee, thanks for pointing that out (already found a little different source for errors [forgot to check one initialization of a variable, but wasn't worth updating the whole node again ;)])!
Will try to fix it as soon as possible, and thanks Lightwolf for pointing out what might cause this :). I guess it's the backdrop info... Will check that first.

Oh... and... Should I tease you guys a little bit? Maybe I'm gonna release a new node soon. First tests are running well after initial trouble which almost killed me :D. Some of you might want that node, since it can simplify your node trees, but I'm not going to say anything more about it at the moment.

Pomfried

Update: The bug is already fixed :thumbsup:
Just waiting for Lightwolf to ask him, if he could compile the Mac version again, so that I can upload both versions at once again.

Pomfried

Ugh... Triple post...
Lightwolf was as fast as light and compiled the Mac version again (thanks, dear master of Mac compilers).

changelog said:
  • Fixed a small part of the code which could have caused a crash in very rare cases
  • Fixed a bug which caused the plug-in to fail starting up in Modeler ("Plug-in Occlusion (Pomfried) failed to start.")

And the files:

Attachments

• PomOcclusion_Win32.zip
    77.5 KB · Views: 558
  • PomOcclusion_OSX.zip
    78.1 KB · Views: 415
Top Bottom