Object positions are incorrect

digimice

Hello yall,

when I place objects in Layouter (Trees with clipmap), sometime very often they are in wrong positions, somtimes they are not, how that can be? Now I made animations of driving cars, in Layouter they are driving correctly in Shockwave they are driving to high or too low, it looks like Back to the Future :) Can somebody help me please ?

MentalFish

LScript minion
Have you scaled any of the models inside of Layout? Scaling of models inside Layout creates all sorts of transformation errors when the scene is exported to ShockWave3D

digimice

Yes I did !! This must be it, every time I didn't size a tree it is in its right position. Thank you very much for your help, now everything is looking fine !

digi mice

MentalFish

LScript minion
What you could do to create variations in size is to do it manually by code in Director:

member("scene").model("tree(1)").transform.scale = vector(0.6,1.5,1.1)
member("scene").model("tree(2)").transform.scale = vector(1.3,1.7,0.7)

So place and rotate the trees inside LW, only set the scale in Director.

Another option is to use images to define where on the map the trees should appear. Come to think of it, I should make an automatic script that uses a heightmap and object-placement-map. This way it will possible to create landscapes and set up object placements in Photoshop. I have been wanting to do this for some time now, and havent gotten around to it yet.

digimice

Yes, this would help a lot! We placed trees by hand or sprayed points in modeler
transformed them to particles and used this cloud for the Linker-plug in, but that is still a lot of work. Hence of the Z-buffer problem in shockwave in connection with clipmaps we had to place all trees in Layouter instead of placing them directly in modeler.

Top Bottom