nuArchitect Bundle released

KANUSO

Today I have updated my LW Installation to 2018 on PC.
Some of the scripts did not work as expected. Mainly in boolean operations there are some issues. There are also some faces (especially in text created as a model) that should not be there.
I will look for the issues as soon as I have time again. It would be a great help, if any issue detected by you will get a short description here. Please leave a short note of the detected issue here.
If I do corrections on the scripts, I must handle each script again, so you can give me some inspirations on do additional functionality to them. Simply do a whish or a description of the new functionality. Ideas for new scripts are allso welcome.

Please accept, that I don't have time at the moment, but I will take care of the issues as soon as I have time again.

I have not had the time to test them on MAC too. Maybe someone out there has done tests on MAC and cann tell about.

Regards,
KANUSO

Last edited:

KANUSO

At the Moment it Looks like the boolean operations in 2018 did not work as propper as in 2015. Unfortunately the module nuCathCei makes many things with boolean operations, this script will not be directly portable to 2018

(sorry for that, but may be the gods of lightwave take care of this problem).

For the module nuColumns I have found a workaround on the boolean operations (which did not work on nuCathCei because of heavy use of boolean). So the module nuColumns can be converted to 2018. I will upload it soon.

For nuCathCei I have created a workaround that uses some drills insted of one boolean. It seams like this does work in a way which is acceptable (it will be a little more operations on the object, but with todays hardware this will be acceptable). So nuCathCei will be uploaded soon.

Regards,
KANUSO

Last edited:

KANUSO

Fix of some broken scripts in 2018

This weekend I looked deeper at the issue of some scripts in the nuArchitect bundle.

Issues found in the following scripts (These only concerns on LW2018 in 2015 all goes well):

nuCathCei.ls
issues with boolean operations (missing faces, strange faces)

nuColumns.ls

nuGates.ls

nuPedestals.ls
issues with some predefined forms (seams like the handling of Points has changed in 2018)

nuSockets.ls
issues with objects generated from text (strange faces)

These scripts are changed to do the work in 2018 as they do in 2015.

View attachment 2018fix.zip

There is no Need to Change this scripts with LW2015.
You can update them anyway, because they work on 2015 as well as on 2018.
You only have to Change the original scripts with the scripts in 2018fix.zip.
After the Exchange of the scripts the changed ones get a "(2018)" on the title.

Regards and have fun...
KANUSO

Thank You   

i haven't had the time to test it thoroughly, hope others get onboard...

additional note, people, sure to check this thread,
nuArchitect bundle extensions > https://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?156114

KANUSO

After looking deeper into Python with Lightwave i decided to Switch over to Python.
Here the why(s)...
Yes Python is more writeintensive than LScript, but the more you can do with it does quit this. So you see me refuted in my first opinion about Python in Lightwave.
After hours of learning and testing in Python, I find ways to work in an acceptable work time. This does not mean, that I don't think anymore that the docs are weak, but after working longer with Python and the lwsdk I become a bit "used" to it. Yes, I know... becoming used to something makes you often blind for Problems. But with the time I know how to work with this docs (even if they seldom helped me really out) My best source of help was the Forum and the Python help command.
I also think, that the future of Scripting Lightwave will be Python (yes at first I didn't think so).

There are not only Advantages in switching from LScript to Python, so for example older Lightwave Versions are not able to run Python scripts. But that is the way the things are going... If I want a feature that only a newer Version can bring, I have to update. So sorry for all users who didn't update to a Version which can run Python scripts. There are things that LScript can not do, but Python.

I can simplify this...
Not all things that Pyton can do, can be made by LScript,
but all things LScript can do, can be made by Python.

The nuArchitect bundle is about 80% translated.
There are changes to the single scripts (the look will be the same)
There are new scripts added
The handling with UV gets a complete Facelift
A GUI-Designer gets part of the bundle (I wish I had had it earlyer) in this designer a GUI can be designed in a graphiccal way (WYSIWYG) and saved as a Python script, or as code snippets. The GUI can have any control, that lwsdk has build in. So you can design a tabbed GUI (even tab in tab). But more if all is ready. The nuGUIDesign is at the Moment in the test Phase.
The scripts that havn't be translated until now are:
nuWalls - this script will be canceled because nuWallStones can do the job
nuWallStones
nuWinsGoth
nuWinsStd

Things that must be done before the release can come:
All scripts must get the correct UV's for them selfs (they all have testing UV's)
Testphase with nuGUIDesign must be closed

I think this will be done soon.

Regards,
KANUSO

Last edited:

prometheus

REBORN
Hi there, just stumbled on to this again since I started a thread regarding arched windows, and someone pointed to this plugin.
Though I do not see how it could create the kind of arched windows I was after in that thread.

Anyway..I noticed this a while a go, but never installed it due to all the downloads of single zipfiles, and the installation process that requires to set up the folders yourself..but I had a little time over now.
So what about if I managed to put all the files in to corresponding folders, then we are left with two folders..one with the scripts and one with helpfiles needed, how about me just sharing that ..so everone get´s a much easier download and installation process?
I am in the middle of setting up the menu´s and could probably make branches for everyone to import, that´s a start..then we could gather views on what the folders should be named really and placed best etc.

I would have to contact Kanuso later though...if he doesn´t respond here soon.

JohnMarchant

Looking forward to it if Kanuso agrees, yes its a bit of a long winded installation but even more so if you have to do it more than once.

KANUSO

Hi prometheus,

I did not think that the old LScript version will be in use anymore. The actual nuArchitect bundle is in Python. It is right, the old LScript (and for sorry the new Python too) is a bit complicatedt to install. As for the next Python version I am thinking about an install script (I noticed that Python can handle zip files, so a script to do all the things that must be done should be possible). But if you want to do something that makes the installation of theold LScript version smarter, than you are wellcome. But before you install the old LScript version, take a look at the new Python version. There are more scripts and there is a installation helper script in the last version and the scripts are extendet to do more than the old ones.

To cut a long story short...
If you want to make the installation of the old version smarter, than do so.

Regards,
Kanuso

Last edited:

KANUSO

Hi again,

here something you should have in mind if you plan to load your work up here.

I was not able to load up large files. I do not know the exact Point, but zip-files larger than 4.65MB have the risk of not being accepted by the Forum here. Thats the reason why I split the files in separate zip-files.

Regards,
Kanuso

Top Bottom