Node LScripts?

RedBull

Heir to the Throne
I doubt it, it's very unlike NT to make Lscript work with any new features, until they are not so new anymore.

I would like to request that the Procedural Textures that are now the Nodal 2D and 3D procedurals, be made available in the SDK.

The original procedural source code for 10 of the procedurals is included.
I would like the new Nodal source code for the procedurals, complete with GLSL shader code to be made publically available. (it should be already)

If so i would of already ported some procedurals to new Nodal query shaders.
There is very little source code or SDK examples in reference to the new Nodal stuff. Which will only hamper Nodal shader development.

LightFreeze

Hub:

---------------------

Customize backgrounds and button colors through the Hub.

SDK:

---------------------

Node Editor SDK, including the functions needed to add more shading models

Access to information about new camera types

Access to additional information from volumetrics

The AnimUV, Camera and Nodes plug-in classes have been added to the support list of the LScript Object's server() method.

Config files now allow loading and saving of double-precision integers (formerly only allowed floating-point)

Modeler SDK updated with extensive list of new functions and improvements, including support for edge information for plug-ins, and elimination of redundant scanning for successive edit operations

Many more improvements

The above text is in the readme/more file in the latest documentation not sure if this means you can lscript a node or not but I sure hope so

RedBull

Heir to the Throne
Yes by the sound of that, that's exactly what's needed for the Lscript access to Nodal access.. Well done NT.

It's nice to see LScript not been forgotten.

RedBull said:
Yes by the sound of that, that's exactly what's needed for the Lscript access to Nodal access..

no it isnt. in the current vesrion the server() method only returns the "handler" of a particular object or entity in Layout. conceivably, the server() method could be modified to set (not just query) a handler and change it at will. but it is not all connected to editing nodes. it looks as if we need a Node Object Agent to grant us access to the nodes via SDK.

Top Bottom