New TC 2 Elite Questions

Just received my TC 2 moving from a TC8000 with AE2. There definitely is a difference :) Anyway I have a few questions that I already did searches and can't seem to find the answers.

1. The 1 G and 10 G network ports on the back. Can they be used simultaneously? Meaning, right now my TC8000 uses the network port to connect to a switch for NDI/POE control of my cameras (Panasonic 130s and 1 150). Anyway, the university does not like switches on single ports, so to combat that I have a USB - network adapter that is configured to access the internet over for streaming. Will I need to continue to do that or can I configure the 1 gig network port just for internet access YouTube/Zoom, and use the 10 gig port to connect and control my cameras? Because of the size of our campus and configured VLANS in buildings, it's easier to separate the functions vs. trying to get an exception for the Tricaster. I know it limits NDI over network but I'm currently not in the need for that, as all my sources will be local.

2. 2 stripe control panel - I know know that you have to use the delegate feature to change the control of the M/Es. That is now 2 button pushes vs. the 1 button push on the TC8000 control surface. Am I missing a way to change the stripe to a different M/E with only 1 button? We have various sources going out M/Es that need to be adjusted pretty quickly during live events and 1 button is more helpful.

3. It shows I can output video via the 4 ports - 3 display 1 HDMI, but my system came with a USB C to HDMI adapter as well. Does that give me the ability to have another HDMI out or maybe an HDMI in via the USB 3? Just wondering as I have to go out to a few HDMI displays and right now I use decimators to convert SDI to HDMI. I do have some NDI to HDMI converters coming but I don't have them yet. Just looking at what I can do with the new system.

That is all for now. I appreciate, as always, any information shared here.

David

I just answered my third question as I was able to hook up 4 monitors. I will try 5 with the USB C tomorrow unless someone tells me that won't work before hand. So that opens up another question.
3a. I have to send 2 separate signals to 2 HDMI display systems. On my TC8000 I use the HDMI out for one and a decimator SDI to HDMI for another. With 8 full SDI outs. Are the SDI outs more reliable than the HMDI/Display port outs? Just not sure how the processing changes or is done for the SDI and the HDMI.

gsolson

We're considering the TC2, also working in a university environment, and have the exact same question about the network ports.

kanep

NewTek SE
1. The 1 G and 10 G network ports on the back. Can they be used simultaneously? Meaning, right now my TC8000 uses the network port to connect to a switch for NDI/POE control of my cameras (Panasonic 130s and 1 150). Anyway, the university does not like switches on single ports, so to combat that I have a USB - network adapter that is configured to access the internet over for streaming. Will I need to continue to do that or can I configure the 1 gig network port just for internet access YouTube/Zoom, and use the 10 gig port to connect and control my cameras? Because of the size of our campus and configured VLANS in buildings, it's easier to separate the functions vs. trying to get an exception for the Tricaster. I know it limits NDI over network but I'm currently not in the need for that, as all my sources will be local.
You can use both ports. But there is one aspect you want to avoid, you don't want both ports connected to the same subnet. The reason for that, is for NDI load-balancing, the 1Gb port can max out and limit your NDI performance on the 10Gb port. If the ports are used for different networks, that isn't an issue.

2. 2 stripe control panel - I know know that you have to use the delegate feature to change the control of the M/Es. That is now 2 button pushes vs. the 1 button push on the TC8000 control surface. Am I missing a way to change the stripe to a different M/E with only 1 button? We have various sources going out M/Es that need to be adjusted pretty quickly during live events and 1 button is more helpful.
Changing M/E does require holding down the DLGT STRIPE button. You can make macros to perform this process if that is helpful. FYI, an advantage of the 2S/4S panels is that you can assign an M/E to the bottom row (something the older panels could not do).

3. It shows I can output video via the 4 ports - 3 display 1 HDMI, but my system came with a USB C to HDMI adapter as well. Does that give me the ability to have another HDMI out or maybe an HDMI in via the USB 3? Just wondering as I have to go out to a few HDMI displays and right now I use decimators to convert SDI to HDMI. I do have some NDI to HDMI converters coming but I don't have them yet. Just looking at what I can do with the new system.

Yes, some systems have a USB-C port that also has video support. In those cases, use the adapter. Up to four monitors can be connected to the TC2E for UI and Multiview displays.

DLVid

Here's a tip for you. If you enable NDI KVM and have at least one NDI source active, you can assign multi views to the SDI outputs. This can be very useful for getting a multiview to a producer, A1, etc.

Top Bottom