new shockwave 3d game(wip)

Sam_Horton

I just uploaded the latest version of a shockwave game I've been working on. A guy named Chuck Wainman is doing most of the coding while I've been doing the Lightwave work.

The main reason I'm posting this is because I wanted to find out if anyone would be interested in working on a game w/ us. Our problem is that between the two of us we can't generate enough 3D content. Programming is not a problem as we're both coders, but I've been doing all the 3D stuff and my chops aren't all that.

It would be just for fun kind of stuff. We do all our work in our spare time, but I would be willing to create a web site for whatever game/s we come up with, and we would all get credit. Just think, we could be internet 3D game designer heros!!!

If anyone would be interested either reply to this thread or email me [email protected]

FLIZZ WORLD

pauland

LW Watcher
Well, I really enjoyed my walk around town. How easy was that to do? The main character is actually walking above the ground though! Thanks for posting it.

Paul

Sam_Horton

Glad to hear you enjoyed your stroll around town!

It wasn't that tough to be quite honest. When you use Havok, which is a very nice physics simulation system that's built in to Director, You don't have to worry about the tedious stuff like collision detection and reaction. Havok handles all of that quite nicely. The hard part is just getting all of the assets created. I think I'll be posting a really simple tutorial on getting a character walking around a scene soon.

I'll see what I can do about planting him on the ground a bit more.

pauland

LW Watcher
One thing I do wonder about shockwave 3D: All of the shockwave 3D stuff I've seen has been very low poly. Is it useless with higher polygon counts?

Paul

HowardM

Digital Ho
I always knew jesus was black!...walking on water..etc...man that alien thing scared the hell outta me when i rounded a corner!!

I like the bubbles!

We need more shockwave tutorials and people to make content!!

Sam_Horton

pauland said:
One thing I do wonder about shockwave 3D: All of the shockwave 3D stuff I've seen has been very low poly. Is it useless with higher polygon counts?

Paul

It really depends on the machine and the 3D hardware. I've ran scenes that contain upwards of 100,000 polygons and had no problem at all since you can control clipping and LOD.

iaef

Maybe I can raise my hand =)

I would be interested on learning a bit more... and I am also interested on game programming and developing, so maybe I could be of a little help.

To see a demo of what I can make in LW3D, just look at my avatar... ;)

jdynis

Great game, Sam! I hope you'll get around to posting the tutorial. I'd especially appreciate any tips you can offer on setting up bones and then running the animations from within Director. I'm still struggling with this.

Regards,

Jack Dynis

Top Bottom