New mac pro

ianr

As for GPUs, I've read somewhere that Apple devs had told that two pie lanes had 8-pins connectors, which basically means that you can put standard GPUs inside the new mac pro without using the new special module. As for nVIDIA, it will only be a driver problem, and this is not likely to change in the near future. Another question is the ability to change the storage without being blocked by the T2 chip. Unfortunately it was a news on my phone feed, and I can't find it back.

Anybody Know how much is the Bare Case on Wheels I like that bit?

ianr

As for GPUs, I've read somewhere that Apple devs had told that two pie lanes had 8-pins connectors, which basically means that you can put standard GPUs inside the new mac pro without using the new special module. As for nVIDIA, it will only be a driver problem, and this is not likely to change in the near future. Another question is the ability to change the storage without being blocked by the T2 chip. Unfortunately it was a news on my phone feed, and I can't find it back.

Anybody Know how much is the Bare Case on Wheels I like that bit?

I have been very anti-mac for years. I have disliked what I perceived as a dismissal (disrespect) of professional users in favor of casual users.

I have certain reservations about the new Mac Pro, but I very much applaud the gesture by Apple to meet the needs of professional users.

Aesthetics can be subjective, and I am not a particular fan of the exterior of the unit, however when I saw the interior design I was quite happy. I felt like they were serious about wanting pro's to use this box.

raymondtrace

Founding member
...Aesthetics can be subjective...

Objectively, the cheese grater design seems like it would be very awkward to clean free of dust. Hopefully you can take just that panel outside and spray it with a water hose. There are too many crevices to easily vacuum.

Top Bottom