New Creature Kit: Piranha Alien

DColboch

NewTek - VP Marketing
We've added a new member to our Creature Kit library. Now, in addition to "The Mutant" by Luis Santos and the "Alien Emissary" by Leigh Bamforth, you have the "Piranha Alien" courtesy of Lino Grandi.

Download the latest in the series of FREE Creature Kits here.

Have fun... and make sure to show off your experiments with it.

raymondtrace

Founding member
This web page is gone but the underlying links to the content remain live.

lw-graphic.png

"Piranha Alien" by Lino Grandi

Download includes: artist information, LightWave Model, Image and Displacement maps, LightWave Scene with character rig.
57.4 MB .zip

[Free Download Now]

"Alien Emissary" by Leigh Bamforth and rigged by Lino Grandi

Download includes: artist information, LightWave Model, Image and Displacement maps, LightWave Scene with character rig, rendered image of character.
87.5 MB .7z

[Free Download Now]

"Mutant" by Luis Santos

Download includes: artist information, screenshot of model, sample image maps, final renders, and project details
55.9 MB zip

[Free Download Now]

prometheus

REBORN
I'm getting an error warning - file not downloaded - potential security risk - using Firefox.
Don´t think you have to worry about it, it´s most likely the site is a bit too old and non maintained that it isn´t using the latest security protocols.
I get the same error, you can override that by clicking on the arrow on the right next to the error message, then allow downloading.

Before unpacking, scan the file with your best antivirus software, this file has been downloaded many times and checked as non malicious, Unless someone recently have hacked the site, replaced the file with a malicious virus, but I don´t believe that is likely, but you never know.

raymondtrace

Founding member
I'm getting an error warning - file not downloaded - potential security risk - using Firefox.
Browsers (first Chrome, now Firefox) recently introduced this warning. Firefox handles the situation better because it gives you the option to override their warning. Bob Hood made a good choice to go to Mozilla.

This is the same warning you'd see when trying to download the HTTP LightWave installers from your HTTPS account page on lightwave3d.com.

The other way to download these files is by right-clicking on their links and opening in a new tab, or downloading the link/target.

The full explanation of this security concern can be found here: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/Security/Mixed_content In this particular context (downloading monsters for LightWave), there is nothing to worry about. Neither this forum web page nor the links to these assets have any of your financial data to leak.

Top Bottom