NevronMotion Genoma Preset RIg Video.

LW_Will

What I did for Summer Vacation

Hey, Lino... look at this shot from SIGGRAPH 2013!

nevronteam-me.jpg

WOW! Looks like a happy guy who won a NevronMotion and a Kinect!

Wish he actually HAD the NevronMotion... so I, that is "he" could actually try it and give feedback.

I'm just saying... ;-)

RebelHill

Goes bump in the night
Hang on...

The feet slip because the proportions dont match...

So... Its not TRUE retargeting?? I was under the impression thats what nevron did, a proper, proportionally compensated retarget.

tcoursey

Lino, Is there plans to have a video like this (great job by the way) for using Nevron Motion with the Kinect Skeleton? What steps would be different, maybe nothing...please let us know. Thanks.

lino.grandi

TD/Animator
Lino, Is there plans to have a video like this (great job by the way) for using Nevron Motion with the Kinect Skeleton? What steps would be different, maybe nothing...please let us know. Thanks.

The steps are just the same.
The only thing that changes is the source (which is the Kinect, not a Motion Capture file).
I'll make a video showing how to use the Kinect as our retargeting source anyway, so to show how the Kinect Rig works! ;)

tcoursey

The steps are just the same.
The only thing that changes is the source (which is the Kinect, not a Motion Capture file).
I'll make a video showing how to use the Kinect as our retargeting source anyway, so to show how the Kinect Rig works! ;)

Thanks Lino. I know this seems simple enough for you. But many of us have struggled and if nothing else want to see it performed "flawlessly" right in front of our eyes! :) I know many of us have gotten 70% there, but there seems to always be those little qirks that if you run into them on the video you'll walk us through how to fix. Thanks.

bobakabob

Robert Ireland
Hang on...

The feet slip because the proportions dont match...

So... Its not TRUE retargeting?? I was under the impression thats what nevron did, a proper, proportionally compensated retarget.

Lino addresses this in the video and explains how to fix it...

Last edited:

RebelHill

Goes bump in the night
Lino addresses this in the video and explains how to fix it...

I know, I did watch it.

My point is that I wouldnt have expected it to NEED fixing. I had presumed retargeting in nevron was just like retargeting everywhere else, where character proportions are automatically accounted for (and you have a SOLID retarget in one click, none of this "fix it" extra workload). I also find myself wondering how well this fixing is gonna work out when you really do get VERY different proportions between your target character and the source motion...

Hmmm

bobakabob

Robert Ireland
It would be interesting to see a Nevron tutorial rigging a toon character with wildly extreme proportions e.g. tiny legs / long body a la Deputy Dawg style designs. Is it possible or would it throw out animated walking and result in foot sliding issues etc? Lino, any more info on the way?

Top Bottom