NDIHX PTZUHD 4K Password / Factory Defaults

Neex99

After receiving our new PTZ4K camera we attempted to change the default password. The procedure appeared to go OK, but now we can not log in. Is there a procedure to reset the camera back to factory defaults? We tried the on screen factory default option, but that only seems to reset the camera settings not the name or password. Tech Support said that if that didn't work we would need to send the camera back for repair. This seems a little drastic for a simple password issue. There should be some procedure to fully rest the camera back to all defaults.

Neex99

Is there a remote control key sequence to factory default the camera. I really do not want to send the camera back to NewTek just to return to factory defaults.

SBowie

'the write stuff'
Staff member
Do you have the unit's remote control? There should be a Factory Reset item in the System menu, I think.

kanep

NewTek SE
Using the remote for a factory reset doesn't reset the password on the unit, I tried it on PTZ UHD.

Neex99

Using the remote control to bring up the on-screen menu and selecting Factory Defaults appears only to reset the camera video and audio settings and not the System Name or Administrators Passwords. It's hard to believe that I have to send the camera back to NewTek to have the system reset to factory defaults. If I did send it back how would NewTek reset the camera?

Top Bottom