NDIHX PTZ Camera remains at 60 fps (can't change from High Setting)

Artengine

Hello,

We have two NDIHX PTZ Cameras used in combination with the Birddog PTZ Keyboard and vMix.

Through vMix, we are recording multiple streams of NDI (from these two cameras + 2 other local remote NDI source).

We are trying to keep them all to 30fps to conserve bandwidth and keep the file size down for the locally recorded individual streams. We set both cameras to Medium quality from the Web Interface (which seems to correspond to 30fps), but one of the cameras consistently resets (or does not take the Medium setting) and only records in 60 fps.

Is there another way to control the frame rate other than the very rudimentary Low, Medium, High settings in the Web Interface for the cameras?

Thanks in advance for any help.

SBowie

'the write stuff'
Staff member
There are DIP switches on the bottom of the camera to control format.

Artengine

There are DIP switches on the bottom of the camera to control format.
If I understand correctly the High, Medium, Low bandwidth should allow me to change the bandwidth settings from within the web interface, and the DIP switch should set what the highest output possible is.

Your suggestion is to change the highest output to a lower setting as a work around to the fact that the web interface is not change the bandwidth setting? (This is ok when we are using the cameras in the studio and handling them, but it creates an issue when they are mounted and we want flexibility.)

Or does something in the switch configuration allow for the flexibility? (I don't have the cameras in front of me and there are not images I can find online of the configurations.)

SBowie

'the write stuff'
Staff member
My recollection is that the framerate set via DIP switches establish the camera's base output format, including framerate and interlace options. I'd expect the web interface controls for NDI output to modify that, but I'm not sure to what degree it can override it (support would likely know). I think it would be useful to compare the settings on your different cameras.

Artengine

My recollection is that the framerate set via DIP switches establish the camera's base output format, including framerate and interlace options. I'd expect the web interface controls for NDI output to modify that, but I'm not sure to what degree it can override it (support would likely know). I think it would be useful to compare the settings on your different cameras.
Thanks! We'll check this out and do some comparisons.

kanep

NewTek SE
The DIP switches set the video format for the 'high' setting. Choosing Medium or Low quality can lower the resolution or framerate from what you have set using the DIP switches. You should use the High setting on the camera for typical operation (unless you are on a very network congested network).

Artengine

The DIP switches set the video format for the 'high' setting. Choosing Medium or Low quality can lower the resolution or framerate from what you have set using the DIP switches. You should use the High setting on the camera for typical operation (unless you are on a very network congested network).
Thanks, this was what I understood about medium and low settings. In one of our cameras the medium gives us 1080 at 30fps but the other PTZ1 continually resets itself to send 60fps. It doesn’t go into the Medium or Low setting. If we can use the DIP switches as a temporary work around that’s great but was wondering if there is a better longer term solution.
Or is there a configuration in the switches that overrides the web interface?

kanep

NewTek SE
The DIP switches set the 'high' resolution, everything else follows from there. When you select Medium or Low, it will lower the bandwidth, but also possibly lower the resolution or frame rates as well. What you get depends on what video format is selected as high.

Top Bottom