NDI with Unreal Engine

slcf2003

Has anyone tried running more than one UE4 instance and receive the same NDI signal at the same time? I used the SimpleInput in the official example, and when I have 2 UE4 PIE running to receive the same NDI source (Scan Converter from a different laptop), the NDI connection in UE4 quickly drops and the screen freezes.

ckgentry

Wow, that was unexpected. Thanks for the update @ckgentry. :/ I didn't have that problem, that was the first thing I was checked. Are you running the plugin with your own project or te Examples Project that comes with the plugin?

https://i.gyazo.com/119b097359592791bdc71ce219038983.png

So weird. I uninstalled, cleaned registry of any left over references, reinstalled and same issue. Both the send and receive are missing for me. I'm creating a project from scratch and following the directions from the pdf: To create an NDI Media Receiver, bring up the Media Context Menu. To do this, Right-Click your content browser's folder view. (1) Select Media, then (2) NDI Receiver Source. UE4Editor_iPk5fmoyVR.jpg

Attachments

• UE4Editor_QgkF3Nq7i5.jpg
    UE4Editor_QgkF3Nq7i5.jpg
    577.4 KB · Views: 85

Saxanth

have you tried with just the NDIExamples project? I just tried installing it into the 4.25 engine plugins folder and created a virtualstudio project, and works in that case too.

media_ndi.png

Last edited:

ckgentry

have you tried with just the NDIExamples project?

Just did and the send and receive are in the Media menu. But they should show up in a new project as well. That's how it worked in 4.24.

Are you able to see them in a new project or just the Examples project?

Saxanth

Just doing a test sweep, and I'm able to see them in new projects, existing projects (Blueprints and C++)...

ckgentry

Cheers, thanks for the heads up. Hope it works out for you.

So I'm a complete idiot. I never copied the new plugin folder over to the UE install after running the SDK installer. So I was seeing the results of the still broken 1.0 version of the plugin. I chalk it up to being excited about getting to use a working version again!

tekifuta

Plugin is currently incompatible with UE 4.25, to make it compatible do the following manual code changes until NewTek updates the SDK.

This is no longer needed with NDI® IO PLUGIN FOR UNREAL ENGINE® 4.25 Version 1.1.
Please download the latest SDK instead, so far it works perfect!

SwitfLeigh

Did you get a resolution to this? Documentation for NDISoundWave and how it connects to sources doesn't match up with the blueprint node functions. Can't see how to get it to reference / connect.

stoecklem

Can anyone help me figure out the proper way to send NDI out of Unreal engine? I'm having trouble using the guide to help me figure this out. The basic example in the beginning of the guide says it will send active viewport, but it sending the interface as well. I'm having trouble getting this to work and would appreciate a nudge in the right direction to get some control over the NDI out of Unreal. The super helpful Youtube tutorials by Humble Ninja got me going for inputs but he doesn't discuss the outputs at all.

MechatronicMan

NDI error in compilation

Hi
I have problem to compile project in Unreal to Shipping (just make .exe file :) ) I have try it in various options even in Visual studio, and look in forum but no succes. I have try also in empty project.
Here is part of my LOG with error:

"
BuildMode.Build: Building MyProject44...
BuildMode.OutputToolchainInfo: Using Visual Studio 2019 14.26.28806 toolchain (C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Community\VC\Tools\MSVC\14.26.28801) and Windows 10.0.18362.0 SDK (C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10).
ParallelExecutor.ExecuteActions: Building 7 actions with 8 processes...
ParallelExecutor.ExecuteActions: [1/7] SharedPCH.Engine.ShadowErrors.cpp
ParallelExecutor.ExecuteActions: [2/7] MyClass.cpp
ParallelExecutor.ExecuteActions: [3/7] MyProject44.cpp
ParallelExecutor.ExecuteActions: [4/7] Module.NDIIO.gen.cpp
ParallelExecutor.ExecuteActions: [5/7] Module.NDIIO.cpp
ParallelExecutor.ExecuteActions: F:/KAROL_UE4/MyProject44/Plugins/NDIIOPlugin/Source/Core/Classes/Components/NDIViewportCaptureComponent.cpp(403): error C3892: "HitProxies": nie mo�na przypisa� do zmiennej, kt�ra jest sta��
UnrealBuildTool.Main: CompilationResultException: Error: OtherCompilationError
UnrealBuildTool.Main: w UnrealBuildTool.ActionGraph.ExecuteActions(BuildConfiguration BuildConfiguration, List`1 ActionsToExecute) w D:\Build\++UE4+Licensee\Sync\Engine\Saved\CsTools\Engine\Source\Programs\UnrealBuildTool\System\ActionGraph.cs:wiersz 242
UnrealBuildTool.Main: w UnrealBuildTool.BuildMode.Build(List`1 TargetDescriptors, BuildConfiguration BuildConfiguration, ISourceFileWorkingSet WorkingSet, BuildOptions Options, FileReference WriteOutdatedActionsFile) w D:\Build\++UE4+Licensee\Sync\Engine\Saved\CsTools\Engine\Source\Programs\UnrealBuildTool\Modes\BuildMode.cs:wiersz 372
UnrealBuildTool.Main: w UnrealBuildTool.BuildMode.Execute(CommandLineArguments Arguments) w D:\Build\++UE4+Licensee\Sync\Engine\Saved\CsTools\Engine\Source\Programs\UnrealBuildTool\Modes\BuildMode.cs:wiersz 219
UnrealBuildTool.Main: w UnrealBuildTool.UnrealBuildTool.Main(String[] ArgumentsArray) w D:\Build\++UE4+Licensee\Sync\Engine\Saved\CsTools\Engine\Source\Programs\UnrealBuildTool\UnrealBuildTool.cs:wiersz 550
"

Have I something miss?:question::compbeati

morrisoc

Hi All. Start by saying that this plugins potential is amazing however finding that in its current implementation its not at all production ready as I experience numerous crashes. Saying that it's just my experience and potentially some of you out there are having a different time? My biggest pain point in terms of plug and play is that i have been unable to find a way to use it in composure, media proxies or media capture as you can with a Blackmagic or AJA card. If this is possible is anyone able to share their workflow? Thanks!

lincode

I'm a beginner for UE 4.
I'm curious if we can build a VR live stream application for example Oculus which has Android system with NDI Unreal Engine 4 plugin.
It seems that the plugin needs Windows Runtime.
Thanks.

Top Bottom