NDI vs NDI/HX

Jmcnally

Is there an option to use NDI versus NDI/HX with the NDIHX-PTZ1 camera in a Mini 4K? I'm finding the quality of level of the NDI/HX camera quite poor, low resolution, intermittent haloing, auto focus hunting. I'm wondering if it is because the image is too compressed and using it in NDI quality would be better?

Jim

bwood

I've seen the halo issue mostly when the camera is just a touch out of focus, or if you're moving the camera quickly to one direction. I think the camera is stuck using NDIHX because it's a PoE+ camera and it's not using a ton of power...just my guess anyways. I doubt you could spit out a 100 Mbps video feed over the network and power a camera for pan/tilt/zoom all on 25 watts of power. The camera chipset is probably not designed to serve up a 100 Mbps feed either....those are all my assumptions and guesses.

Manual focus is a must for me--the autofocus hunts way too much. I set all my presets with manual focus and very carefully roll one tick at a time from the webpage until it's perfectly in focus then save each preset.

Jmcnally

Thanks for your reply. I've started using in manual mode only too and saving a focused preset and then re-calibrate other shots from there.

m_covert

Thanks for your reply. I've started using in manual mode only too and saving a focused preset and then re-calibrate other shots from there.
Better control over manual focus is a desperately needed feature for these cameras, whether you're using a tricaster control surface, 3rd party control surface, or the NDI studio monitor.

Top Bottom