NDI Screen Capture HX - Frame rate options & Saving Settings

mikeydanger

1- The Screen Capture Settings display shows TWO identical 29.97Hz choices in Frame-rate list, but it seems that the TOP one should be labelled 30 and not 29.97. [My switcher does report receiving 30Hz from the one, and 29.97Hz from the other setting.] Where can I report this bug (or typo)?
ScreenCapture settings.jpg

2- In order to match my Screen Capture output to all other sources for my switcher, I have to change nearly every setting from its default. And I have to do this EVERY time I start a session. How can the NDI Screen Capture HX settings be SAVED?

[I'll also add to the chorus of folks wishing that NewTek would show the current NDI Tools version info on their download page. So much troubleshooting advice includes "Are you using the latest drivers or NDI Tools version?" And it's kinda hard to know when ndi.tv/tools continues to show "NDI TOOLS 4.5 AVAILABLE NOW" on their download page when we're actually at 4.6.x as of this writing.]

Last edited:

angoliam

Not showing the version number is super frustrating to NewTek's customers. With as many people that have voiced this issue, it amazes me that they can't fix this very simple item. But, while we are speaking of bad customer support, I just found out that NewTek no longer supports it's customers unless you pay a fee. They use to have free phone support, then pushed you to chat, which was not helpful in most cases, and now nothing. Bad show!!

Nikb

1- The Screen Capture Settings display shows TWO identical 29.97Hz choices in Frame-rate list, but it seems that the TOP one should be labelled 30 and not 29.97. [My switcher does report receiving 30Hz from the one, and 29.97Hz from the other setting.] Where can I report this bug (or typo)?
View attachment 150056

2- In order to match my Screen Capture output to all other sources for my switcher, I have to change nearly every setting from its default. And I have to do this EVERY time I start a session. How can the NDI Screen Capture HX settings be SAVED?

[I'll also add to the chorus of folks wishing that NewTek would show the current NDI Tools version info on their download page. So much troubleshooting advice includes "Are you using the latest drivers or NDI Tools version?" And it's kinda hard to know when ndi.tv/tools continues to show "NDI TOOLS 4.5 AVAILABLE NOW" on their download page when we're actually at 4.6.x as of this writing.]
I managed to get a response from the NDI support team about this.

"Dear Nik,

I am happy to say that there is an easy way to do this. The configuration file for the Screen Capture HX is in :

C:\Users\[USER NAME]\AppData\Local\NewTek\Application.Network.ScanConverterHX.dat

If you set the configurations that you wish in the application and exit, then it will write this file. You can make it read only if you wish no further settings to be saved."

So the file its self is unreadable, however, if you set your parameters, then exit out of the programme it saves this file.
If you then set its properties to read only, no one can change them in the future.

I suspect you were doing as I was, loading the service, changing the settings & then shutting the machine down, meaning it never exited properly & saved the configuration.

Hope this helps.

PS NDI support team is [email protected]

Worlock

Rather than storing the settings in a binary file it would be helpful if the settings were stored in a plain text format like json, etc. so you can backup and edit it manually.

Top Bottom