NDI Remote resolution

ocrtalk

I'm assuming that NDI Remote chooses the resolution for you (really hoping to see manual controls like Larix in the future).
I'm finding the quality coming from NDI remote to be very inconsistent and never goes above 720. Is there some information explaining what we can expect from this tool, from a technical perspective?

SBowie

'the write stuff'
Staff member
This is from the WebRTC Glossary:
WebRTC isn’t limited in the resolution it can support. The limit is caused by browser implementations, processor capabilities and network conditions, as the higher the resolution, the more computation and bandwidth it requires.

Most WebRTC implementations to date have been able to reach 720p resolutions, with 1080p starting to be introduced.
It seems like this is a de facto standard atm, but suggests that later implementations might raise the bar.

livepad

I'm assuming that NDI Remote chooses the resolution for you (really hoping to see manual controls like Larix in the future).
With all respect to NDI Remote which is an excellent, free offering, If you need more, like support for 1080 and even UHD contribution from WebBrowser Camera to NDI, and you would like constant resolution NDI output, plus other features like NDI return feed to Browser, intercom, echo cancellation, metadata gathering, and other useful tools you may want to consider using Sienna Unite (which doesn't have the constraints of WebRTC).

ocrtalk

With all respect to NDI Remote which is an excellent, free offering, If you need more, like support for 1080 and even UHD contribution from WebBrowser Camera to NDI, and you would like constant resolution NDI output, plus other features like NDI return feed to Browser, intercom, echo cancellation, metadata gathering, and other useful tools you may want to consider using Sienna Unite (which doesn't have the constraints of WebRTC).
Thanks! My situation is needing phones on 4G, 5G, and sometimes even 3G to provide a smooth feed over cell signal. I'm currently using Larix Broadcaster with SRT but can't say I'm completely satisfied with the results. Even when the signal is good, just seems like it's not consistent enough.

How does Sienna Unite compare and what's the pricing srtucture like?

livepad

How does Sienna Unite compare and what's the pricing srtucture like?
If SRT isnt working then you may have more fundamental issues of connectivity.

Unite would reduce latency compared to SRT, provide a return feed, intercom etc, and provide the convenience of a browser rather than requiring a dedicated app, but if SRT has issues (even with a high SRT latency setting), then it's possible Unite would suffer similar connectivity issues in the same environment. Whilst Unite doesn't use WebRTC or SRT, it still requires a stable connection to pass real time video.

For Unite pricing, you would contact a Sienna Systems Integrator.

Top Bottom