NDI Remote problem ?

Promic2

have been trying for the last 3 days to make the NDI remote work
but always get the same error that

Failed to share video
code 2201 message "Remote user cannot be reached"

what can be the problem here?
i can send video to some remote locations (Friends).
but i can not recive anything at home. from them
even try to disable firewalls an open all ports to the net for testing
even try from mobile phones. same result
i have also tried with a TURN server without success

any good advice?

Attachments

• Skærmbillede 2021-07-29 121309.png
    Skærmbillede 2021-07-29 121309.png
    40.1 KB · Views: 45

eshiggs

Same. I'm just trying to share video on the same machine (NDI Remote and Chrome running on the same machine, my desktop, no corporate firewall, etc).

kanep

NewTek SE
I'd try the new NDI Tools 5.0.5.0 that is now available and see if this helps. I'm know a few adjustments where made to NDI Remote in this release.

SBowie

'the write stuff'
Staff member
Same. I'm just trying to share video on the same machine (NDI Remote and Chrome running on the same machine, my desktop, no corporate firewall, etc).
Sorry, It can get a bit confusing trying to diagnose issues that are from several people that sound somewhat similar. Your report is likely actually a little different than the original ("i can send video to some remote locations (Friends) but i can not recive anything at home.")

I just tested sending a camera (actually, I tested both NDI Webcam and a webcam built into my monitor as sources) from Chrome on my laptop to Studio Monitor on my laptop, and it worked just fine. So this suggests some difference in our environments or methods. Can you perhaps provide a little more detail about your setup, and particularly the steps you are following? Thanks!

simond83

I'd try the new NDI Tools 5.0.5.0 that is now available and see if this helps. I'm know a few adjustments where made to NDI Remote in this release.
NewTek team - PLEASE can you label your downloads better. Tracking these release changes is a big pain currently. Also, a 'Download Only' option like BlackMagic offer with their drivers would be a big help, rather than having to 'register' each time. thanks :)

SBowie

'the write stuff'
Staff member
Also, a 'Download Only' option like BlackMagic offer with their drivers would be a big help, rather than having to 'register' each time. thanks :)
I agree this is tiresome, and am hopeful we may see something less intrusive before too long. Hang in there!

Top Bottom