NDI into Teams not Working

jackwroberts

Hey Guys

Just wondering if anybody has had any issues getting NDI virtual input into Teams. This was working fine on all our machines at one point but all of a sudden doesn't work on a select number of Macbooks.

You can no longer see NDI as a virutal input on some Mac's in Teams. This is even across laptops that are running the same version of NDI tools, Teams and Mac OS. Seems to work in Windows. Nothing has been changed on the laptops.

You can see the input on NDI monitor and on Virtual input no problem, it even works into zoom but just now not MS Teams.

Does anybody have any ideas?

Thanks

dstevenslv

Hey Guys

Just wondering if anybody has had any issues getting NDI virtual input into Teams. This was working fine on all our machines at one point but all of a sudden doesn't work on a select number of Macbooks.

You can no longer see NDI as a virutal input on some Mac's in Teams. This is even across laptops that are running the same version of NDI tools, Teams and Mac OS. Seems to work in Windows. Nothing has been changed on the laptops.

You can see the input on NDI monitor and on Virtual input no problem, it even works into zoom but just now not MS Teams.

Does anybody have any ideas?

Thanks
Sounds like Teams lost permissions to use the mic on the Mac. Access to the mic includes any audio interface or adapter. Check in the security tab in system preferences to see if Teams is allowed to use the mic.

If it were me I’d uninstall and reinstall Teams on the impacted Macs and take it from there.

NDI Virtual Input appears as a Core Audio device so if other devices are seeing it and you can see it in the Audio & Midi utility app it’s an issue with Teams or the Teams security config.

jackwroberts

Sounds like Teams lost permissions to use the mic on the Mac. Access to the mic includes any audio interface or adapter. Check in the security tab in system preferences to see if Teams is allowed to use the mic.

If it were me I’d uninstall and reinstall Teams on the impacted Macs and take it from there.

NDI Virtual Input appears as a Core Audio device so if other devices are seeing it and you can see it in the Audio & Midi utility app it’s an issue with Teams or the Teams security config.
Hi

Thanks for the responce, In security Teams has access to the microphone. I can also see NDI in the Audio and Midi utility.

We have tried to reintsall Teams and its made no difference unfortunatley. I have been through and removed anything to do with teams on Mac OS to get a good clean install od Teams.

One Mac we tried it on was a clean install of Teams and NDI that had never had it on before but that didnt work from the start.

I'm a little bit stuck on this one, its an odd issue!

dstevenslv

At that point were it mission critical I’d do a bare metal install of the OS then only Teams and NDI. Or at least a restore of one back to a point where it was working prior then start comparing. I’m not familiar enough with the Teams/Office plist configs to know if Teams and Office share plist info.

That is an odd one. It would be great if you could post a resolution if you get one.

jackwroberts

Yes, I think thats going to have to be my next step. Was just trying to avoid a complete install if I could!
I might do a little digging into some config bits but not sure how much I will understand.

Will certainly post a solution should we end up with one, its a odd issue!

Thank you!

Top Bottom