NDI HX, consuming the 5% of remaining resources I'll explain, OBS DON'T

Tuexnovia

IT'S FIX!!!
SOLUTION AT THE END!!!

Hi guys I'm really happy with this software, I got everything config very well or this is what I think,

My problem it's when I play games with high GPU usage, NDI HX, can't keep that 5% of GPU and starts stuttering. example GTA V.

Wit OBS with admin rights, when I used to play single computer, I didn't have this problem but now ----in my gaming PC I just have NDI HX and that's IT---- --In my stream PC I have OBS--

I won't lower resolution, graphics or so on, I want NDI HX, to always save 7% or so of MY GPU to send the signal properly, because with 90% of my games I don't have this problem but with triple XXX games happens!!!

I hope you understand my problem, and thanks for the time to help me.

Last edited:

kanep

NewTek SE
I'm assuming you are talking about Screen Capture versus Screen Capture HX. And it sounds like it is Screen Capture HX you are using.

Both use GPU processing to grab the screen image, the major difference is when it comes to encoding.

Screen Capture uses CPU and send out high bandwidth NDI.
Screen Capture HX uses the GPU's H.264 or HEVC encoder and sends out HX.

I'm not sure what encode mode you are using with Screen Capture HX, you can try H.264, if you happen to be using HEVC (or vice versa), and see if that makes a difference. Otherwise, I'd give the non-HX version of Screen Capture a try and see what happens.

Tuexnovia

I'm assuming you are talking about Screen Capture versus Screen Capture HX. And it sounds like it is Screen Capture HX you are using.

Both use GPU processing to grab the screen image, the major difference is when it comes to encoding.

Screen Capture uses CPU and send out high bandwidth NDI.
Screen Capture HX uses the GPU's H.264 or HEVC encoder and sends out HX.

I'm not sure what encode mode you are using with Screen Capture HX, you can try H.264, if you happen to be using HEVC (or vice versa), and see if that makes a difference. Otherwise, I'd give the non-HX version of Screen Capture a try and see what happens.
I use HX because it's better quality right? It's the next level of screen capture or I'm wrong?

I use in NDI HX "H.264" because when I try to use HEVC is telling me something about I don't have the codec.

Im.really worried about this, because I want the best quality for my stream, I'll wait for you to tell me more info, I really appreciate.

kanep

NewTek SE
Both NDI HX and high bandwidth NDI should be similar in visual quality, but technically high bandwidth NDI uses a codec with less compression (hence the much higher data rate of the transmission).

I'd use the one that works better for you, your streaming bandwidth is going to be much lower than what NDI is operating at, that it shouldn't matter.

Tuexnovia

Both NDI HX and high bandwidth NDI should be similar in visual quality, but technically high bandwidth NDI uses a codec with less compression (hence the much higher data rate of the transmission).

I'd use the one that works better for you, your streaming bandwidth is going to be much lower than what NDI is operating at, that it shouldn't matter.
I change for the last 2 weeks and used screen capture and the NDI HX it's more smooth in my preview OBS streaming PC, but when I play GTA V and my GAMING pc, when GPU reaches 99% my stream from streaming PC is stuttering, WHAT the hel*, why am I having this problem? I gave admin rights to screen capture/or ndi HX but nothing, is there any other way to fix this? I have a 1080 i7 8gen and so on...

I'm about to leave using NDI software and but a capture card...

Help guys!!!

kanep

NewTek SE
What if you use the non-HX version of Screen Capture? It uses some CPU and GPU, not all GPU.

Tuexnovia

What if you use the non-HX version of Screen Capture? It uses some CPU and GPU, not all GPU.
This is what I did, I change from ndi HX to screen capture and same problem!!! What!!! Yes mate I don't get why.

If you see the stream there is a moment of high gpu usage the stream is not smooth and it's slightly attutering, not a big problem but it shouldn't happen.

(Screen capture gpu 98% CPU 50% stuttering a bit for when I pass trough a lot of vegetation)

Is there any option to give to NDI some more priority?

From Nvidia control panel or somewhere.

I don't want to have to buy a capture card.

I'm guessing the problem is high GPU usage because just happen when this!!! And with other games I don't have problems, new releases bad optimize same problem.

Sensei

TrueArt Support
If you see the stream there is a moment of high gpu usage the stream is not smooth and it's slightly attutering, not a big problem but it shouldn't happen.
I would run game without NDI & recording, to see if in the same location there is no issue..
Maybe it is location which is causing it regardless of NDI & recording usage.
Simply because it's too heavy for the computer.

From Nvidia control panel or somewhere.
Did you try this control panel?

Is there any option to give to NDI some more priority?
You can specify which cores/HT of CPU will be exclusively working with specified process.
Go to Task Manager, Processes, RMB on process name, Set Affinity.

Do you have disabled or enabled VBlank sync?

Games are CPU & GPU demanding beasts. I would try HDMI interceptor and compress data on another computer..

Last edited:

Tuexnovia

I would run game without NDI & recording, to see if in the same location there is no issue..

You can specify which cores/HT of CPU will be exclusively working with specified process.

Games are CPU & GPU demanding beasts. I would try HDMI interceptor and compress data on another computer..

I'll explain you sorry.

1. Pc gaming with screen capture/or ndi HX just NDI tool HERE!!!
2. Pc streaming with OBS and OBS NDI plugin

In my gaming pc (1) the games works perfectly -When it's a game that uses high GPU then stutters in OBS GAME -2- I don't get this.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is this? do I have to do this for every game? I just in NDI? I don't undesrtand sorry.

I did this and nothing seems to be working.
what???? I'm gonna check this now.

So you suggest to don't uese NDI, I'm gonna ended buying a capture card.

Tuexnovia

OK I did some testring and this is what I found, let's forget 2 COMPUTERS.

I run Furmark wich puts GPU 99% and I use NDI monitor in SAME PC and it's stuttering. but furmark it's smoth, so it's NDI problem.

I don't know what else to do...

Tuexnovia

FIX IT!!!

O my god 6 months already with this, and my problem was....

TATATATATATATT!!!

Wallpaper engine!!!
i can't fuc*** believe it!!! somehow NDI has some problems with other programs running on background. I disable it while gaming and FIX!!!!

Now it's so moth the stream, o god... I'm so happy right now.

Top Bottom