NDI 5 Audio Direct help

Jonnyfive

EDIT/UPDATE:

I have fixed the problem, but still seem to have issues. The DAW I was using was blocked by the firewall. After giving it permissions it seems to work, that is until the buffer size changes in my DAW. Could be an issue unrelated to NDI but still something I need to work out.

Original question below

I have been testing the use of Audio Direct as a part of NDI 5 and seem to be running into a road block.

I can receive any NDI signal in our discovery server as an audio input in using the NDI VST input plugin within Ardour 6. However, I can't seem to figure out how to send audio back out using the VST output plugin.
I have tried various routing and signal flow changes but nothing has worked. I can see the VST output as an NDI source via the discovery server, but it doesn't seem to contain audio.
Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong? I'm running Ardour and NDI tools on a remote Windows based server.

Last edited:

Jonnyfive

Am I alone in this issue or is there anyone else using Audio Direct for audio processing of NDI feeds? Still can't seem to receive an audio signal from NDI VST Output.

Jonnyfive

I'm trying to test NDI Audio Direct. But I can not found any NDI VST plugins on MIXBUX 7 :(
You may have to relocate the VST files that get installed. They should be in:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3\Plugins.VST.NDI.Input.vst3\Contents\x86_64-win

Within that folder is the actual VST, which you can then copy and paste directly into the VST3 folder, which may help your programs discover it.

tomice

I have a question in this topic.

Can you tell me how can I record it in Audition?

I see levels, but cant record becuase it is not as input.

Truly I think I dont undestand excatly how it works ;)

Attachments

• cc53ba50-bc51-411f-aaec-beda2f6313dd.png
    cc53ba50-bc51-411f-aaec-beda2f6313dd.png
    417.8 KB · Views: 15
Top Bottom