NDI 5, anyone?

On June 2, it was announced that NDI 5 would be available "later this month". What happened?

FineBlend512

Strangely enough, NDI 5 has been included on the latest firmware update to our Elite 2, so if it's not ready for prime time that makes me a little nervous...

kanep

NewTek SE
There is the NDI 5 'protocol', 'NDI 5 Tools' and the SDK. There are many moving parts, not all are ready but some are.

Jask

Is there a potential ETA? Already ten days past due, which is fine! Would just like some transparency.

Raed

Same here was hoping to build a solution for my project based on NDI 5 Bridge. ETA update is greatly appreciated thanks :)

kanep

NewTek SE
I don't have that information, I just know that some parts needed more time to finish up.

Meldur

In the developer webinar from 15th July the SDK was promised for the 16th July. Still nothing available. That ist strange. Feels like NDI 5 is far away from being ready, isn't it?

ivnvc_

In the developer webinar from 15th July the SDK was promised for the 16th July. Still nothing available. That ist strange. Feels like NDI 5 is far away from being ready, isn't it?
It's already available for download on the NDI Tools page for me... after refreshing a couple times the page updated itself

I would like to connect my iphone 12 remotely from anywhere to my Tricaster. can I use ndi bridge or ndi remote to do that? or would i require a app on my phone to do that, similar to the ndi hx capture app? At the moment we are using the Larix Broadcaster app.

Thank
joe

Last edited:

SBowie

'the write stuff'
Staff member
NDI Remote lets you send output from your phone to a remote NDI receiver without any additional software on the mobile device beyond your browser of choice.

travD

Does NDI Bridge still not currently work? Is that why I see the "Coming Soon" button rather than "start"?

SBowie

'the write stuff'
Staff member
Does NDI Bridge still not currently work? Is that why I see the "Coming Soon" button rather than "start"?
NDI Bridge involves several different functions. In the initial release version, the Host and Join features (which are required for bridging wide area networks) are basically in 'exploration' mode only; however the Local mode of operation is fully functional.

Top Bottom