Ndi 3.5

artchitecture

so waiting for it...
I woke up early every day for a week after NAB. Today no Today no...
I have a paranoid delusion that it was all an April fools prank.
Radio silence....

SBowie

'the write stuff'
Staff member
Nah, it's real, there are just a lot of moving pieces to this stuff.

Ben Freedman

Steve, I think the frustration is that it was due out directly after NAB, and its' been silence since then... Most of us would be satisfied with something like.. "It's not quite ready, but expect it mid-may" or "mid-june"... or at least some idea on when look again... Heck, we're in the business of communication...it'd be nice to not be left in the dark :)

Best,

Ben

SBowie

'the write stuff'
Staff member
I don't really have an answer, sorry. You'd imagine I could find out what's causing the delay fairly easily, but you'd be surprised how busy everyone is around here and I've just got too much on my plate to chase it down right now. Frankly, NAB feels like it was yesterday. People were just unpacking last week, and there's always a lot to do afterward. If I bump into the right people and think of it I'll see if I can get an update.

sorenhoyer

I don't really have an answer, sorry. You'd imagine I could find out what's causing the delay fairly easily, but you'd be surprised how busy everyone is around here and I've just got too much on my plate to chase it down right now. Frankly, NAB feels like it was yesterday. People were just unpacking last week, and there's always a lot to do afterward. If I bump into the right people and think of it I'll see if I can get an update.

That would be awesome!!!

kanep

NewTek SE
Updated website is now up listing new features.
https://www.newtek.com/ndi/tools/

Just a quick recap.

Windows:
NDI Scan Converter runs mostly in GPU with excellent performance and no noticeable overhead
NDI Studio Monitor now has web base remote control features
VLC 3.x plug-in
NDI|HX drivers included
NDI Virutal Input sends NDI video into webcam applications

Macintosh:
NDI Access Manager, add your Mac to NDI groups and setup NDI sources on different subnets

Last edited:

pealock

Just a quick recap.

Windows:
NDI Scan Converter runs mostly in GPU with excellent performance and no noticeable overhead
VLC 3.x plug-in
NDI|HX drivers included

Macintosh:
NDI Access Manager, add your Mac to NDI groups and setup NDI sources on different subnets

I've been stress testing the new Scan Converter. It is the best NDI sharing solution I can find. Great quality, flexible frame rates/resolutions, and around half the bandwidth of the other options. Worth the wait! Very thankful for the hard work from the NewTek team.

SBowie

'the write stuff'
Staff member
I've been stress testing the new Scan Converter. It is the best NDI sharing solution I can find. Great quality, flexible frame rates/resolutions, and around half the bandwidth of the other options. Worth the wait! Very thankful for the hard work from the NewTek team.
Thanks! Andrew wrote the new Scan Converter himself, and will be very pleased that you are happy with its performance.

Koinonia

Just a quick recap.

Windows:
VLC 3.x plug-in
NDI|HX drivers included

Macintosh:

What NDI HX driver version is included with NDI Tools 3.5>

nielyee

Hi Kane, we've been testing out NDI 3.5 and been loving the new features so far. Just curious if Mac OS users will be left out of the new NDI 3.5 features? Any timeline if the updates will be coming to the Apple camp?

kanep

NewTek SE
Are you talking NDI 3.5 or NDI Tools?

NDI 3.5 is out for MacOSX (and Linux) with the SDK.

As for Tools, I'm not sure. Sienna might be able to jump if they have any plans on their NDI applications as well.

Top Bottom