NC1 I/O Module and Ancillary SDI Data

CorsairSolution

Hi,

I am looking at implementing NC1 I/O modules for site-to-site SDI links in the broadcast industry. I can't find any information on whether the module encode/decode link will also carry ancillary data along with the video feed. I would specifically require closed captions (OP47) to be transmitted across, though I suspect that it will just get lost in the link.

kanep

NewTek SE
Hi,

I am looking at implementing NC1 I/O modules for site-to-site SDI links in the broadcast industry. I can't find any information on whether the module encode/decode link will also carry ancillary data along with the video feed. I would specifically require closed captions (OP47) to be transmitted across, though I suspect that it will just get lost in the link.

The Connect NC1 IO modules do not support closed captioning information.

CorsairSolution

The Connect NC1 IO modules do not support closed captioning information.

No worries, I kind of guessed that. Is there any plans to support digital passthrough of ancillary data (I believe it is SMPTE 425)? I don't necessarily expect NDI to parse the data, in fact it is kind of better if it doesn't (to keep the nature of the data being passed generic). I ask because a lot of broadcast people want I/O modules to have an identical signal from start to finish, and having the NDI strip the ancillary data will turn (some) people off.

Top Bottom