I just tried my NC1 IO Mark D unit with a genlock connected. I'm not finding any issues because of genlock being active/inactive or by adjusting the Offset. I'm looping a SDI output back to an SDI input on the same unit to check.
I am noticing one issue however. When I restart the Connect software, I don't get any SDI video output until I set the 'Hardware Video Destination' selection to 'None', then set it back to my SDI output option. Then video appears. I'm going to bug this.
I did some more testing and I appear to have fixed the issue, looks like my session file was corrupted.
Try the following to see if helps. This will reset all of the NC1 IO settings in the system back to default, so make sure you know what you need to setup again for each input.
1. Quit the NC1 IO software
2. Open an Explorer Window
3. In the path bar, type %localappdata% (with the %), this will take you to the following location 'C:\Users\NC1-IO\AppData\Local\'
4. Open the 'NewTek' folder
5. Delete (or backup/move/rename) the folder called 'NewTek Connect 1'
6. Start NC1 IO software.
Since I have cleared and reset the session, the SDI output have automatically been active everytime I start the software.
We have 7 NC2IOs that have this same problem. Both the software that shipped and the newest available. Half the sources appear and the other half won't,
but then sometimes they will, but sometimes they're all black lol
I gave up on genlock, it's become an after sports season project.
I also just started having this issue. I have two NC2IOs.
Unit 1 is version 7-8-220728 Mark D, and set to "Genlock to External Video Clock (SDI)" (No idea why the sync menu options changed between versions)
Unit 2 is version 7-7-211105 Mark D and, set to "Genlock to External Video Clock"
They are both connected to the same video router (Evertz EQX), switcher (Ross Acuity), and sync source (Evertz 5601MSC). Unit 2 works great, but Unit 1 will only output on up to four of the SDI outputs. The working outputs change every time I switch between "Internal System Clock" and "Genlock to External Video Clock (SDI)".
I was hoping that rolling back the software (if possible) might fix the issue, but considering the age of this thread it doesn't look promising.