Native LW 2015 unwrapping BAD! Why?

sigmamoon

hello guys,

many times ago i wanted speak about the bad ABF unfold of lightwave2015 and i d like to know if someone have some ideas for what?

the free PLG plugs from 2006 (you are reading well) is so much better . look my capture from a simple cylindrical shapes
but the only probs with PGL uv maker have is proper edge selection and it s not easy to pick with from complicated models

Native unwarp 2015
LW-ABF UV unwarp.PNG

PLG UV maker 2006
plg_make uv.PNG

Any guys could tell me if there is a solution to have a great unwarping uv with LW edge loops native selection?
And do you know why this differents? how it s possible to do less than 7 years ago :)

cheers

Lewis

Member # 777
Any guys could tell me if there is a solution to have a great unwarping uv with LW edge loops native selection?

Sadly but no, it's hit and miss, sometime it works nice sometime it's bad and unpredictable result there is very little you can do about it to fix it other than use PLG or external app.

And do you know why this differents? how it s possible to do less than 7 years ago :)
cheers

Easy, They don't care (at least not much) about modeling in LW so it's been (and still is) neglected for many years and that's main reason why is bad in some areas and UVs are one of areas which has several issues and lack o features to this very day.

We are kinda "used" to that so we adapted new tools/plugins and moved on.
So if you want/need a lot of UVs creation you might need to search other software or plugin to help you there.

Top Bottom