Mouse cursor/point in NDI Multiviewer

folkewallrodt

I would like to request an option to make the mouse cursor visible in the Tricaster NDI multiviewer outputs.
This would enable to use and work with NDI multiviewers without having conventional displayport/hdmi displays and extenders on the Tricaster, making it a really powerful tool.
Thanks!

So a trick I learned from the newt folks was to go turn on the mouse trail in the control panel to its lowest setting. Doing so makes the mouse visible over NDI. It does cause a little bit of a double effect on the local display but not enough to drive me mad. This is how I record video tutorials when I want to show the Tricaster interface.

kanep

NewTek SE
So a trick I learned from the newt folks was to go turn on the mouse trail in the control panel to its lowest setting. Doing so makes the mouse visible over NDI. It does cause a little bit of a double effect on the local display but not enough to drive me mad. This is how I record video tutorials when I want to show the Tricaster interface.
This is the solution. If you use NDI-KVM with NDI Screen Capture to make the mouse pointer visible, what it does is turn on the mouse trails option at the shortest length (you can open the mouse control panel and see this happening).

I also make the mouse pointer size larger if I'm using it as a teaching/demoing aid, so that is easier to see.

folkewallrodt

Thank you for the replies! Then it should be really easy to add it to the multiviewer menu. ("✅Enable mouse pointer on NDI Multiviewers") I contacted the support, they didn't seem to know this workaround.
@kanep: Thank you for taking the time to explain how this is done in NDI SC! My distributor told me to install NDI SC on the TC2 as a workaround, with your explanation we can skip this step.

ZoltanM

I've forwarded this request to Engineering. While the workaround is available, I think for educational purposes (or just monitoring someone's work remotely might be interesting).

folkewallrodt

I my case i would use the NDI multiviewer as normal multiviewer, as this reduces the system complexity and reduces the device count, cabling and adapters. Burn the EDID to to the gpu and you are done with a single hardwired kvm. Fewer devices, fewer faults.

Top Bottom