Motion Mixer

GPM

Hi,
How are Motion Mixer files exported into w3d scenes? How do I access them and take control of them in Director? Is there any documentation relative to Motion Mixer and Director?

Any help is appreciated.

MentalFish

LScript minion
I havent been involved in Motion Mixer files, but if you can bake the animation into keyframes before exporting to W3D, that should help you alot.

As an extra note, for any bones to be exported, you need to have some geometry in your scene (thats atleast how i have experienced it).

mdoyle

I have found that using motion mixer is totally fine with w3d. What you need to do is save the scene with your original animation in it. Bake the ik part the fk can remain as is. Create the motion and save it to a file. Take the motion file and load it into a a scene with just the character and bones, it will animate normally and will export fine.

Here is a link to a character I did in shockwave and motion mixer

Character

just extracty the files and run the exe. You can also put your own characters in here to test the animations. Just make sure your base t model is in the top level and put your animations in the folder below. I will make buttons to apply the motions for you to view. THe camera is dependant on how it looked in the t pose one

mdoyle

I would also recomend to save file size etc that you should export the model and animation in the base file (like the t pose) then just export the animations only for the animations and tell director to just call the it from the w3d animtions.

mdoyle

If you have any more problems or want us to look at your scenes then by all means ask or post them up

Top Bottom