Motion Blur

creacon

creacon
Does anybody know what you have to do to a mesh in order for it to render using photoreal motionblur?
I suppose the vertices would need to provide a velocity vector, but I have no idea of how to add that? A VMAP containing velocity maybe?

creacon

darkChief

A velocity vector is how some other applications deduce motion blur during rendering. This is not possible in Lightwave, it uses an interpolation of some sort to add motion blur, but your point order must be preserved. So if your point and topology change every frame motion blur won't work. It would be nice if the could add velocities to the vmap in the future.

Motion blur is possible though, still looking at this.

Still working on your fluid plugin??

creacon

creacon
Thanks, I think realflow provided motion blur but if I am not mistaken that was before the photoreal motionblur was implemented.
Would be nice if somebody could check this out, but they're too busy whining about Next. ;-)

Still working on it when I get the time (about 2 hours every 2 weeks, LOL), last thing I did was Openvdb CSG (subtract boxes from volume so you get nice straight sides when filling an aquarium for example).

creacon

omichon

Sorry, I can't tell you for sure. My last projects involving Realflow meshes are quite old now.
Mr Rid could answer that... I am sure of that ;)

omichon

As far as I remember, I am pretty sure that most of the time I have rendered my RF meshes (.bin) with Photoreal Motion Blur.
So, there must be some velocity info embed with the meshes but I can't tell you how it goes under the hood, sorry.

3dslider

Hi creacon, how are you ? you remember me, i work always Cycles for Lightwave...

Ha your fluid plugin is good to know you work on it, if ever I do my fluid too, don't worry it is not a competition just friendly on more choice to use :)

Good luck for your project !

PS: your todo list for embree is always valid or not ?

creacon

creacon
At the moment I am not working on it. Two reasons:
- Lack of time.
- Uncertain where LW is going.

I am not afraid of competition because I don't see this as a commercial product.
Embree? I've put it on my agenda for 2025 :)

creacon

Hi creacon, how are you ? you remember me, i work always Cycles for Lightwave...

Ha your fluid plugin is good to know you work on it, if ever I do my fluid too, don't worry it is not a competition just friendly on more choice to use :)

Good luck for your project !

PS: your todo list for embree is always valid or not ?

Top Bottom