Modifiable Pie Menu ala MODO

jeric_synergy

Axes grinder- Dongle #99
Changing UI behavior via AHK (autohotkey)

One thing you can do with autohotkey (AHK) is address certain inconveniences in the UI. My big one was : I almost always use the Menu Editor (surely there's a better way now? It's an old habit.) not so much to edit the menus, but to FIND functions. So, it's my search engine inside LW/LWM.

However, the SEARCH field (a godsend) is not automatically active when you invoke the editor. --It SHOULD be, there's literally zero downside to having it active. (Requested long ago.)-- I find this incredibly aggravating, as it is Yet Another Navigate and Click (YAN&C) that is unnecessary.

BUT, and here's the cool thing: using AHK you can set it up so that AHK automagically mouse-clicks the SEARCH field for you, thereby activating it, so when you invoke the editor it's already in SEARCH MODE.

That's the tiniest iceberg-tip of what AHK can do for you. You can basically make it into a huge macro system for ALL your programs. You can "wedge" it in between hotkeys and the program, and have it execute a series of actions. It is awesome.

Any repetitive action you find irksome should be examined to see if AHK can relieve you of that burden.

You can basically make it into a huge macro system for ALL your programs.
You can "wedge" it in between hotkeys and the program, and have it execute a series of actions. It is awesome.

:dito:

Top Bottom