Mini/Micro/HD-BNC - Why the change? And no adapters?

lukerctv

Took delivery of our 2 new TC1s and I/O unit this week. Loving the TC1 units... FINALLY SSD BOOTING! IT'S A MIRACLE!!!!

The I/O unit has a LOT of potential, somewhat hamstrung by it having to be in one physical location. Maybe the next generation of I/O modules can be one in, one out portable units that cost $99 ;)

Anyway, I haven't been able to play with the I/O unit, for the simple reason that it has tiny BNC jacks on the back. I know there's way too many tiny-BNC standards, like micro and mini and HD, but I have no idea what this one is. I have a "Mini BNC" pigtail I got about a year ago, and it looks like it should fit, but it doesn't. Frustrating.

NewTek can't throw in 8 pigtail adapters to make this unit truly plug-and-play? Or maybe make a bigger deal about the change, rather than burying it on the tech specs page: https://www.newtek.com/connect/nc1-io/tech-specs/

Can't wait to further review this thing once it's actually up and running in my workflow!

SBowie

'the write stuff'
Staff member
Hmmm. According to the specs, looks like the card connectors are "DIN 1.0/2.3" ... whatever that is.

lukerctv

Yep, it is misleading and incorrect to even refer to them as any type of "BNC" anymore. The fact there's no adapters in the box is ridiculous.

lukerctv

Oh good, another $112 to get up and running...

NewTek really should not refer to them as BNC in their marketing/support material. That stands for barrel nut connector... which these are not.

Or, you know, shipped some adapters to avoid the problem altogether.

+1 that the these cables should be included in the box!

I always liked that Newtek includes keyboards, mouse etc.
And after all our purchases I have feeled 20 of these from Newtek at home
31g5LJVqw5L._SX425_.jpg

Then why not to be generous and add a bunch of little but essential cables? ;-)

jandw

Yes, this really made me smile and even laugh: in the box of our TC1, IP based, NDI, ... IP all the way, they included a BNC 'trumpet' (we call it that over here in Belgium). You don't even get that with pure SDI baseband video hardware which costs multitudes of what a TC1 costs.

Nice! In all kinds of ways!

+1 that the these cables should be included in the box!

I always liked that Newtek includes keyboards, mouse etc.
And after all our purchases I have feeled 20 of these from Newtek at home
View attachment 142482

Then why not to be generous and add a bunch of little but essential cables? ;-)

Top Bottom