Mesh updates

Dodgy

Worms no more! Free fun!
Looking good! Does this get around the surfacing issues and how quick is it to remesh everything?

creacon

creacon
Simulation is faster than realtime in this case.
Meshing going from 0.5S for the first frame to about 5S on the last (the longest time is taken by LW for removing the previous polygons and points).

From start to finish this took about 90 minutes, rendering included.

Thanks to Sensei's tip VPR updates correctly.
Meshing will be very system dependent because OpenVDB uses Intel TBB and will make your CPU work hard, so this is on a dual six-core, 2.6Ghz.

Because there is no object being loaded you can set the surface on any frame and it keeps that surface for the length of the simulation, for now it is always called "Default" but I think I can change that.

You can save an object sequence after meshing.

When you load that back in you have to put the surface editor "By scene" and add another object with the same surface name (a one point poly should suffice).
So it's not pretty but it works.

Looking good! Does this get around the surfacing issues and how quick is it to remesh everything?

creacon

creacon
Added another one to the channel, but now I have a new problem:

OpenGL works, VPR works, F9 works. But an F10 doesn't update the mesh.

creacon

creacon

creacon
And about this problem, multithreaded mesh eval was on. I switched it off but the problem remains.

I put breakpoints and the objectreplacer gets triggered, and it invokes the meshedit, so something else in my loop isn't updating.

creacon

Top Bottom