LWCad site is down?

OFF

pass:sword
I already wrote to Victor about this problem for a long time - he claims that he is not blocking anyone. It could be a fault or a hosting error.

Why is the LWCad website down? Has something happened recently?

No lwcad.com is running without any blackouts.
Please try to clear your website cache or try another web browser.
lwcad.com has been recently updated to HTTPS protocol.
It is absolutely secured now!

I already wrote to Victor about this problem for a long time - he claims that he is not blocking anyone. It could be a fault or a hosting error.

Two users from Russia including you reported some connectivity problem.

Please try to check new secured HTTPS version.
If still problem, please make a screenshot and post it here.

Thanks!

I'm in the US

If I do a duckduckgo search for "LWCAD", the top link it returns is:

That link works fine and gets me to your proper web site.

---

If I use the "Page Redirection" link you cite above, the link is:

If I use that link it produces a page with the single line displayed:

If you are not redirected automatically, follow the link.

On that line, the word "link" is a link that translates to:

Clicking on the link results in the page:

Not Found
The requested URL /< was not found on this server.

---

If I use the link:

I get redirected to https://lwcad.com - which results as shown above.

PS: I had a heck of a time getting this post to, uh, post. The site kept throwing errors when I'd hit "Save" or "Post reply". It took some trial & error to figure out what things were making the site grumpy. It was mainly some of the embeded URLs had coding that it didn't like.

Last edited:
I tested with two browsers:

Firefox 86.0 on Ubuntu Linux 18.04. Firefox addons active: Ublock Origin, Privacy Badger.

Chromium 89.0.4389.82 on Ubuntu Linux 18.04. No addons.

Same result on both browsers.

Any chance you can test it on windows Firefox?
I just need to know whether it is the location problem, or because of Linux.

Any chance you can test it on windows Firefox?
I just need to know whether it is the location problem, or because of Linux.
Sorry, no I cannot.

We only allow the Windows systems network access to the web for updates and some GFX app/licensing needs. No web browsing via Windows clients here.

raymondtrace

Founding member
eokeisler, what you describe is simply a browser configured to block Javascript, either through its native settings or through an addon. Allow JS for the lwcad.com domain and you're fine.

w-tools, the client-side javascript redirect you have on your index page is less than ideal. It is probably triggering some security software because JS redirects from an index page are commonly known exploits. You should really use a server-side technique, either with a directive in an apache htaccess file or with PHP. Either method uses only one line of code as well. Poke me in a private message if you need pointers.

eokeisler, what you describe is simply a browser configured to block Javascript, either through its native settings or through an addon. Allow JS for the lwcad.com domain and you're fine.

w-tools, the client-side javascript redirect you have on your index page is less than ideal. It is probably triggering some security software because JS redirects from an index page are commonly known exploits. You should really use a server-side technique, either with a directive in an apache htaccess file or with PHP. Either method uses only one line of code as well. Poke me in a private message if you need pointers.
OK.

On Linux, I setup a completely standard Firefox profile: all default settings and no addons at all. With that setup I had no problems accessing W-Tools website via the links he cited. In particular, the http://lwcad.com, https://lwcad.com and his "Page Redirection" links all worked fine.

That said, the Privacy Badger and Ublock Origin addons are very popular addons. My normal Firefox profile uses them, as do a lot of Firefox users. I do know how to tell the addons to "allow" aspects of a site. I don't remember doing that for W-Tools' links. My bad - but, normally, I rarely have to do anything with these addons to access commercial sites.

Anyway, I just re-tested W-Tools' links with my normal Firefox profile and then told Ublock and Privacy Badger not to filter the sites. I had no problems getting to the proper sites. This is probably something that can be tested via Windows Firefox with Ublock Origin and Privacy Badger installed & active.

OK.

On Linux, I setup a completely standard Firefox profile: all default settings and no addons at all. With that setup I had no problems accessing W-Tools website via the links he cited. In particular, the http://lwcad.com, https://lwcad.com and his "Page Redirection" links all worked fine.

That said, the Privacy Badger and Ublock Origin addons are very popular addons. My normal Firefox profile uses them, as do a lot of Firefox users. I do know how to tell the addons to "allow" aspects of a site. I don't remember doing that for W-Tools' links. My bad.

Anyway, I just re-tested W-Tools' links with my normal Firefox profile and then told Ublock and Privacy Badger not to filter the sites. I had no problems getting to the proper sites. This is probably something that can be tested via Windows Firefox with Ublock Origin and Privacy Badger installed & active.
Thanks a lot for doing all the tests!
I will try to repeat this on my side.

Yes you are correct!
Redirect is done with Javascript.
I have no idea why it is redirected with the script.
Unfortunately I was not programming this website, and the guy who did it is no longer with me.
I'll try to remove it carefully.

Anyway, thanks for pointing me on this.

OK.

That said, the Privacy Badger and Ublock Origin addons are very popular addons. My normal Firefox profile uses them, as do a lot of Firefox users. I do know how to tell the addons to "allow" aspects of a site. I don't remember doing that for W-Tools' links. My bad - but, normally, I rarely have to do anything with these addons to access commercial sites.

Thanks to raymondtrace I did found and removed potential security problem.

Can you please try again to access lwcad.com or www.lwcad.com with the Privacy Badger and Ublock Origin addons ?
Thanks!

BernieBn

Hi. I've tried browsing it in both Google Chrome, Firefox, and Microsoft Edge. They won't open up to the website. They all say 'err_empty_response'.

Top Bottom