LW2020 + Plugins

darkChief

With Mambo/DarkChief still only running LW2018, compatibility with the latest version of LW has been a concern...

This shouldn't be a big concern, the restrictions are lighter for third parties, we can still make and update plugins with discovery mode. I upgrade when I can or when it's absolutely necessary.

Last edited:

Lightwolf

obfuscated SDK hacker
Just to clarify things. We were a bit surprised by the release but will be able to offer upgrades to all plugins tomorrow. Patrons will also get a 2020 compatible build this week.
It's also not just utf8 support for text, but additions to the attribute system that may affect whole classes of plugins, even if they don't use attributes.

Cheers,
Mike.

next_n00b

Have you tried one of the sample TFD scenes.
I tried a couple today and they show up in OGL, VPR and render.

I did find if I disabled the Fire shader, just smoke wouldn’t show if illumination was on.
Illumination had to be set to none in the smoke render tab.

Interesting. The scene in my previous picture, which renders black is a scene that comes with TFD. Now I tried a new setup from scratch and it works. It renders in VPR and F9.

prometheus

REBORN
I am not using TFD that much that I can answer your question, but you can provide me a scene and I can check. One thing I have noticed is that Layout doesn't crash anymore when you edit (in VPR) for instance "Smoke Mapping" like Kelly Myers shows in that video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihBUKP8gCL0

Hope it continues that way..I was fed up with the mapping and crashing as well...but is it still slow to tweak, it was horribly slow, if I compare to other software that is.

next_n00b

Hope it continues that way..I was fed up with the mapping and crashing as well...but is it still slow to tweak, it was horribly slow, if I compare to other software that is.

I am currently working on one 8 core Xeon from 2013 and editing those curves with VPR active feels pretty comfortable. And stable.

mch

cinematic weirdo
db&w LW 2020 compatible plug-ins

Just to clarify things. We were a bit surprised by the release but will be able to offer upgrades to all plugins tomorrow. Patrons will also get a 2020 compatible build this week.
It's also not just utf8 support for text, but additions to the attribute system that may affect whole classes of plugins, even if they don't use attributes.

Cheers,
Mike.

Hi Michael !

Thank you for the fast response and the updated db&w plug-ins for Lightwave 2020 !

The small update fee is a smart move and very welcome.

Thanks for the maintenence !

Regards
Marcus

gdkeast

Thank you for testing and starting this thread. It's very helpful to know this information. This is one reason I get nervous with upgrades because I know it might affect many of the plug-ins I've come to use and appreciate. On the 3rd Powers site, it actually displays compatibility with 2020.

Last edited:

Markc

ack ack
I seem to remember it was a similar situation when 2018 came out, that big change from 2015.
But all seemed to level out after a couple of updates from Newtek and 3rd party devs.

gdkeast

Yes, they have an incredible tool set. Probably going to get the brush soon. 3rdPowers.jpg

mch

cinematic weirdo
StarPro 2.3 for Lightwave 2020

Hi !

StarPro 2.3 for Lightwave 2020 is in the making.

I tested successfully the windows version and now star fields and foreground objects are visible again.

There is also a new Mac version I could not test since I am on PC "only".
So maybe someone else wants to test that out ?

Thanks Dan for the very fast response and fix !!!

Regards
Marcus

Markc

ack ack
Hi !

StarPro 2.3 for Lightwave 2020 is in the making.

I tested successfully the windows version and now star fields and foreground objects are visible again.

There is also a new Mac version I could not test since I am on PC "only".
So maybe someone else wants to test that out ?

Thanks Dan for the very fast response and fix !!!

Regards
Marcus
Where did you get the update?
Latest version on the website is still listed as 2.2.

Andy Webb

Time Traveller
TrueArts Auto Render Saver is causing a problem.

It turns the finished render dark, very dark, turning it off and everything is OK.

Hope this gets updated, I find it very handy and would like to continue using it.

UPDATE:

I also had an OD_TextureImagePresetMaster Master plugin loaded, I turned that off and kept Render Saver on and it all rendered fine.

turned OD_TextureImagePresetMaster back on and it still rendered OK!

So something is not right

Cheers

Last edited:

mch

cinematic weirdo
StarPro version 2.3 for Lightwave 2020

Where did you get the update?
Latest version on the website is still listed as 2.2.

Hi Markc !

I got the update directly from Dan to test.
info at maasdigital.com

But in the meantime the new version 2.3 should be available on the download page for both platforms:
http://www.maasdigital.com/starpro/

Version 2.3 is for Lightwave 2020.
2.2 for LW2019....

Happy testing !

Regards

Marcus

Last edited:
Top Bottom