LW not exporting if the export path is too long?

LeiLei

Is it true or is it just my iMacPro: When I try to export a LW-file to .obj or .stl and the path is very long (maybe 15 subfolders - I did not test it how many) LW just does not export the file. If the path is short there is no problem at all.
Ciao Klaus

Ma3rk

Curmudgeon in Training
Highly possible and seems your own experience is confirming. Not really a Lightwave issue.

Someone on the Creatiive Cow site ran into this recently with After Effects projects & where source files were located. Think some of his paths were well over 80 characters.

Short, quick answer is to simplify.

jwiede

Electron wrangler
Is it true or is it just my iMacPro: When I try to export a LW-file to .obj or .stl and the path is very long (maybe 15 subfolders - I did not test it how many) LW just does not export the file. If the path is short there is no problem at all.
Ciao Klaus

There are practical path length limits in many-to-most filesystems (f.e. apparently 1016 "UTF-16 units" long for HFS+). It's entirely possible you've exceeded them, but without knowing the precise filesystem and OS, it's difficult to say what the exact limit is for your situation.

Top Bottom