LW crashes when resizing quad view windows?

Jet3D

Hi guys...

Any solution to this issue?
All drivers are up to date. LW 2020 latest version.
When I drag quad view to adjust window size, I get a crash.

Help appreciated, Jet

lardbros

Not so newbie member
Hey Jet,

Is this in both modeller and layout?

I wonder if this is related to the 3090 drivers maybe? I know the first iteration was buggy, and maybe they've fixed some bugs, but maybe some are lingering?

Jet3D

Hey Jet,

Is this in both modeller and layout?

I wonder if this is related to the 3090 drivers maybe? I know the first iteration was buggy, and maybe they've fixed some bugs, but maybe some are lingering?

Hi mate,
It is with Modeller. I will look into that - I had the same issue with my 2080 TI.

Thank you for your help...

lardbros

Not so newbie member
No worries, kinda clutching at straws really. I'm on a 2080Ti and just checked and it seems okay here.

Have you tried with fresh configs?
Also, have you tried the Nvidia Studio drivers?

Apparently they're better tested in 3d Apps and creative programs.

jwiede

Electron wrangler
For appcrash, if you see it again, please try to note and report back the error code and location cited.

lwanmtr

Lwanmtr
I've had modeler crashing when resizing the quad view since 2019...filed many tickets about it, never got fixed.

I've learned to go slow if I need to resize...also, not sure if you've noticed but you can still get the file save menu as long as you dont click on the crash report requestor.

Lito

I just tried this on my rig and it isn't crashing for me. Does it happen immediately when you resize the quad view or after some time? I am running a 3970x 64GB RAM and a 3090 with the very latest drivers 461.09 that I installed last night (the geforce one not the studio one without geforce experience installed). I tried resizing with no model loaded, with a few boxes I made, and then a dragon model that came with the 2020 content files loaded in Modeler 2020.0.2. I haven't used LW in a while now so I can't say anything about drivers lower than 461.09. If you do install the latest drivers try to check the "clean install" check box and also be sure not to install geforce experience.

lwanmtr

Lwanmtr
Yeah, its random..doesnt do it every time either..and its independent of how much geometry is there (it will do it on an empty model).

Yeah, I wouldnt hold my breath...ive been reporting it for years, and theres been no movement.

I imagine its probably due to some rather ancient coding...or gremlins..lol

Lito

Have you eliminated the possibility of a plugin causing it? IIRC I had an issue once a while back where an old version of dpont OpenImageDenoise that caused layout to crash anytime I opened certain panels. If you have other machines that don't crash and one that does, check the installed plugins.

Top Bottom