Tests done with LW2020.0.1...
LW_B747_Bench = 03m 07s (187.1s)
LW_B747_Bench_Volumetric = 10m 45s (645.1s)
Just for fun, I went through the different render tile-sizes for LW_B747_Bench
Render Tile Size 8 : 4m 36s (276.4s)
Render Tile Size 16 : 3m 43s (223.8s)
Render Tile Size 32 : 3m 21s (201.0s)
Render Tile Size 64 : 3m 09s (189.2s)
Render Tile Size 128 : 3m 07s (187.1s) [Benchmark Settings]
Render Tile Size 256 : 3m 07s (187.4s)
Render Tile Size 512 : 3m 07s (187.7s)
Render Tile Size 1024 : 3m 08s (188.2s)
As a last test, I will reset the Render Tile Size back to 128, but change Polygon Intersection Mode from Watertight to Fastest... then test both scenes again.
LW_B747_Bench = 02m 58s (178.0s)
LW_B747_Bench_Volumetric = 10m 17s (617.3s)
Both of them having no visual difference from Watertight vs Fastest setting. I would argue that Watertight as Default in LW is wrong. It seems to be a mode that you only need to use if your models aren't up to snuff, especially for interiors. In these two scenes, the setting adds a bit too much rendertime, especially if it would have been an animated sequence... saving 9s/frame for LW_B747_Bench scene or 28s/frame for the Volumetic version is important when rendering a sequence.
The computer I used to test this with, you can see in my signature.... however, that said... this computer is far from being finished in terms of memory and GFX card. I still use my "old" workstation for regular work. I use this computer to offload stuff towards (including screamernet for personal projects). That is why it has a very cheap Quadrocard... Remote Desktop and all that.
Having this fast of a CPU also means that I will get sloppy when trying to optimise things for rendering... that is why I still want to use my "old" workstation as well.
Thanks for the Benchmark scenes Lewis!