LW 2020 Cel shading

Markc

ack ack
Does anyone know what the 0-1 values in the cel gradient actually mean.....?
Is it relating to light or something.

There's not much info in the manual.

Shabazzy

LightWave Fan Boi
Does anyone know what the 0-1 values in the cel gradient actually mean.....?
Is it relating to light or something.

There's not much info in the manual.

I'm assuming you mean the values above the gradients for diffuse and specular (i.e., Diffuse [ Sel:0 D:0.000/1.000 ]).

The 0 - 1 values represent the zoom factor as seen on the gradient below it. In the above example settings, this would reflect that Sel:0 = no nodes on the gradient are selected, and D:0.000/1.000 mean that the zoom factor of the gradient is showing 100% of the range of available positions on the gradient for moving nodes.

Clicking on the drop down arrow next to the values for diffuse and specular will open up a menu with various options; two of which are Zoom in and Zoom Out. Clicking on any one of these will change the visible range of positions on the gradient for moving nodes, and the values in the box above the gradient will reflect in numerical form how much of the gradient is being displayed.

So if you were to zoom in once from a 100% visibility (0.000/1.000 with 0.000 reflecting the leftmost end of the gradient and 1.000 reflecting the rightmost end), the values would change to 0.125 / 0.875 meaning that from the leftmost end on the gradient is now displaying a range with a starting position 12.5% from the original 0.000 and ending at a position of 87.5% from the original 0.000 position.

If you want to see the other nodes in the gradient, then simply hold down the Alt key (yes I'm a Windows user and couldn't care less about Macs) and with the pointer in the gradient display, hold down the left mouse button and drag left and right to see the rest of the gradient.

Hope that helps.

Let us know if it does.

Shabazzy

Top Bottom