LScripting in Modeler to just run or group button commands?

GraphXs

GraphX
I'm not a scriptwriter at all, I can get as far as: hello world! :help:

What I want to try to do in modeler through L Scripting is combined simple commands. Though I don't even know how to get to those functions.

In my mind I see it as this

main
{
run command: Deselect Tool (Make)
run command: Drop/Restore Selection
}

I know that is completely wrong, but that is what "commands" I would want to run and assign to a button.

How does one even find what info is required to recreate those commands? I would also want the drop selection part be for all polygons, edges, and points.

This is a script to help my team who are not LW users to feel comfortable with modeling in modeler. A sort of fail safe if they don't know what is happening in view-port.

Any help for a LScript noooob is greatly appreciated!

GraphXs

GraphX
So far I got this to work.... But seledge does not exist??? What is the command for that? Oh, and if I use "GLOBAL" in the sel mode it does nothing? Why? Now to figure out how to drop the tool?

main
{
//edit all selected components.
selmode(DIRECT);
selpoint(CLEAR);
selpolygon(CLEAR);
seledge(CLEAR);
}

ernpchan

Since edges are relatively new to Modeler, that command might not exist in the sdk. You could try python as that's better supported.

ernpchan

Unfortunately not, syntax is different. You could look through the example scripts that come with LW to see if you can find one that'll point you in the right direction.

GraphXs

GraphX
Do you know what the command is to drop a tool in modeler? For now on the LScript Drop selection does work for points/polys. But if I have the move tool on that stays on, is it possible through LScript to "Drop the tool" or a command to hit enter that would drop the tool.

ernpchan

I don't off hand. You can print out the list of commands from Modeler from the Utilities tab. But knowing how to use what's in that list is a different story.

I tried taking a stab at finding the command earlier today but didn't get very far. But I also didn't have a lot of free time to investigate.

Maybe you could do something with AHK. That seems to be a popular alternative to doing macros.

Top Bottom