Looking to buy or rent a TriCaster 860

Our 860 has developed issues with some glitchy/stuttering inputs that we haven't been able to fix and it's EOL so not a lot of repair options out there. Need to find another 860 to buy or rent for a three month period (July-Sept) until we have time to upgrade to the new line. Would need Advanced Edition on the 860.

An 8000 would be the second option if we can't secure an 860.

Thanks

SBowie

'the write stuff'
Staff member
Is it SDI or analog inputs that are misbehaving? All of them, or specific sources only? All the time, or just in recordings? Other?

SDI. It’s been difficult to isolate the issue or drill it down. When it occurs it’s usually multiple inputs that glitch/stutter at the same time. When I say glitch, it’s like they’re running at a really low frame rate or something. If I had to guess it seems like it happens most with the last few inputs.. 6, 7 and 8 more often than the others. When it happens, it doesn’t matter if it is in preview or program, recording or not recording, etc.

I’ve tried everything… different cameras, different formats/frame rates, etc.

FWIW I reset these two cables (and also swapped them) and it always temporarily fixes the issue and all inputs work perfect for a number of hours or even a day. But restarting the machine or coming in the next morning and checking it usually reveals the problem has returned.

Attachments

• 4749CE96-8E8D-4B6A-961F-1D415F85499B.jpeg
    4749CE96-8E8D-4B6A-961F-1D415F85499B.jpeg
    850.2 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:

SBowie

'the write stuff'
Staff member
Well, others who are smarter and geekier than me may recoil, so - with insertions here of every disclaimer known to jurisprudence - I've typically just popped a miscreant card out of its slot and brightened up the contacts with a pencil eraser.

kycountryboy

Jonathon you're gonna have to make "T" buy you the new Tricaster 2 Elite! I used to shoot there... and you even used my feed.
Our 860 has developed issues with some glitchy/stuttering inputs that we haven't been able to fix and it's EOL so not a lot of repair options out there. Need to find another 860 to buy or rent for a three month period (July-Sept) until we have time to upgrade to the new line. Would need Advanced Edition on the 860.

Thanks
Jonathon you're gonna have to make "T" buy you the new Tricaster 2 Elite! I used to shoot there... and you even used my feed a few years. How about sending me a few Pizza Burgers?

nviera777

Thanks
I have an 855 Extreme (upgraded to 860 AEv2) looking to sell (recently upgraded to TC Elite 2). What is your budget? I have upgraded system drive to SSD, data drives are 6TB enterprise NAS drives and video card upgraded to gtx1060 6GB version. Like mentioned above its running upgraded 860 software with AE v2 and has VSE Advanced installed with license.
Let me know what you are willing to do on it?

Top Bottom