Looking for version 9.6.1 for MAC to download

tomhendricks

Hi all, I was using Lightwave v9.3 on my iMac for many years. I then upgraded to Catalina, without realizing that it wasn't 64bit. I see that v9.6.1 is Mac 64bit computable, but I can only find 9.6 online. Can anyone help me out?

PaulP

Hi all, I was using Lightwave v9.3 on my iMac for many years. I then upgraded to Catalina, without realizing that it wasn't 64bit. I see that v9.6.1 is Mac 64bit computable, but I can only find 9.6 online. Can anyone help me out?

I'm not sure 9.6.1 will work on Catalina, because I think the compatibility issues go beyond 64 bits or no 64 bits. But don't quote me on that. Someone else should be able to confirm.

Markc

ack ack
The interface will not display icons/buttons properly in 2015 and older, in Mohave and above.
(i.e. 9.6 should work ok in High Sierra, but nothing newer).

This problem was discovered in LW2018 (when using Mohave) and a fix issued, but older versions where never patched.

Last edited:

raymondtrace

Founding member
You can use the Windows version of your LW license on any version of Windows from the past 2 decades (Windows can be installed on a Mac). Even LW 4 can still run on the current Windows 10.

Top Bottom