LiveText Functions

wrighthasleft

Greetings, I'm not a CG operator, so my apologies for what is likely lack of experience.
I just purchased the 2 Elite with the integrated LiveText software. I have a specific need that I don't see possible with the software.
If I build multiple full page graphics, can LiveText dissolve from one to the next, outputting on one channel?
If I use the stand-alone version using an NDI connection (which is preferable), can that same function be done? I don't want to have to transfer all the full page graphics into the frame store or DDR.

SBowie

'the write stuff'
If I build multiple full page graphics, can LiveText dissolve from one to the next, outputting on one channel?
Standalone LT does not directly support transitions between pages. If, as for example in a classroom setting, you want to have an outboard CG station, you would assign the LT output to a DSK and transition it on and off as required.
If I use the stand-alone version using an NDI connection (which is preferable), can that same function be done? I don't want to have to transfer all the full page graphics into the frame store or DDR.
I'm not sure why not. It takes moments to add virtually any number of CG pages into a DDR, and you can then transition these in and out for a predetermined duration using Autoplay and a DSK layer - with a single button press. Alternatively, if you want a direct transition from one CG page to the next without removing them from the program, you can do that in a DDR too.

Top Bottom