Linux Render Nodes

Airwaves

So I went through tutorials and got screamernet setup on windows computers and it was working fine. I just built two other computers and want to use them as render nodes. Can I use linux on these render nodes? I am seeing numerous posts in the past from several years ago and do not know if this will cause a problem. I have not installed windows or linux yet and would like to see what everyone knows before I install linux. Thanks

dulo

Old Hog
Our whole screamernet works on linux with wine64 on gentoo linux. It works without one glitch and is about 20% faster than on windows.
But gentoo linux is not the easiest system to setup and maintain .. I can try to create an image from one of our nodes, but you have to tell me which architecture your rendernodes are .. (intel or amd and which generation and chipset .. )

Airwaves

Our whole screamernet works on linux with wine64 on gentoo linux. It works without one glitch and is about 20% faster than on windows.
But gentoo linux is not the easiest system to setup and maintain .. I can try to create an image from one of our nodes, but you have to tell me which architecture your rendernodes are .. (intel or amd and which generation and chipset .. )

I am sorry for the delay in answering. I bought
AMD FX-8120 Zambezi 3.1GHz Socket AM3+ 125W Eight-Core Desktop Processor FD8120FRGUBOX

and the motherboard is GIGABYTE GA-78LMT-S2P AM3+ AMD 760G Micro ATX AMD Motherboard.

I doubt you needed all that but I just included it. Thanks for the help.

dulo

Old Hog
OK. AMD FX is all the information I need. I can copy you an image from one of our amd render nodes. It should be plug and play. everything is installed to start screamer rendering ..

dulo

Old Hog
OK. AMD FX is all the information I need. I can copy you an image from one of our amd render nodes. It should be plug and play. everything is installed to start screamer rendering ..

Top Bottom